Flynny new deal

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

njbh86

Flynny new deal

Postby njbh86 » October 3rd, 2019, 6:09 pm

From the Supporter forum - Flynny has signed a new deal until June 2022
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » October 3rd, 2019, 6:19 pm

Great news.
Super, smashing, great
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » October 3rd, 2019, 6:25 pm

Excellent. Even if he does go when we get promoted, we should get more compo.
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Postby Corpaboy » October 3rd, 2019, 6:27 pm

He's also confirmed that he has been linked to 4 different managerial jobs , but has only had ONE interview
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 3rd, 2019, 8:27 pm

njbh86 wrote:From the Supporter forum - Flynny has signed a new deal until June 2022

How much :lol: :lol:
User

landinho

Postby landinho » October 3rd, 2019, 8:32 pm

To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

You've got egg on your faces.

Great news and onto a great rainy affair on Saturday
Last edited by landinho on October 3rd, 2019, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Coxy

Postby Coxy » October 3rd, 2019, 8:51 pm

Fantastic news !
no avatar
User

mike wilks

Bishop's Cleeve

Postby mike wilks » October 3rd, 2019, 9:01 pm

Very Good News, Well Done Flynny!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 3rd, 2019, 9:22 pm

landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » October 3rd, 2019, 9:41 pm

Well done Mr Flynn
Now please can you teach the lads how to score LOTS of goals
Thankyou
no avatar
User

UppaPort

Postby UppaPort » October 3rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

This is the best news we could’ve possibly had from the meeting tonight!! Absolutely ecstatic!!!

Up the bloody County!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
no avatar
User

Morganrum

Postby Morganrum » October 3rd, 2019, 10:19 pm

It’s a smart and obvious move.
There will be get out clauses either side and as Flynn is unlikely to be sacked in the foreseeable future, the probability is that he will be poached well before which should mean a better compensation package for the club.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » October 3rd, 2019, 11:22 pm

I must be a fortune teller as I did predict that Flynny would stay but, by not dismissing the speculation and testing the water with other clubs,he has manoeuvred the board into giving him a pay rise.According to Brendan's insider,he was already on around £2250 a week which is over and above his peers in our league.How much more has he now got on top again.He also has security against the sack and stability for himself.The good thing for us is,it gives the club stability as other chairman will now have to fork out more compensation to take him away.I agree that Flynny has done a brilliant job for the club,he took the job on when we seemed doomed to relegation but,he sure knows how to milk the situation.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » October 3rd, 2019, 11:25 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.

I agree with most of your sentiments here Brendan but,maybe maths is not your strongpoint.
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » October 4th, 2019, 5:01 am

Brilliant news and a very important signing. Well done to everyone concerned in this. Turned down 3 interviews showing loyalty which I already knew he had and has now committed to the club. Wycombe did exactly the same with Ainsworth.

Really hard to believe people questioned his loyalty and commitment.
Next