Re: Flynny new deal

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

You've got egg on your faces.

Great news and onto a great rainy affair on Saturday
Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.
If previous subjects are anything to go by, I suspect it will be the board.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts,

I did and I came up with this a couple of weeks ago;
Mike Flynn knows that however he behaves he will be unchallenged by the board of directors. In my view the sooner Mike Flynn leaves the better.
The first sentence is a pretty good definition of "bigger than the club", and says he doesn't just think it, he knows it.
Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager .
Is he? How would a forum user know?

I'd argue there's no such thing as a going rate, circumstances at clubs differ so wildly. Even if you knew the highest and lowest it's no help beyond saying it's between A and B.

Even if there were some rough scale, he's fifth in longevity behind Bentley (Morecambe), McGreal (Colchester), Cooper (FGR) and Artell (Crewe) so has earned some seniority.

njbh86 wrote:On the plus side, I just discovered the enemies list in my profile, so hopefully I can now ignore some of the more inane witterings on here. Would suggest this might work out well for some other forum users too.
Absolutely.

Those who get irritated by opinions with which they don't agree should just ignore them.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts,

I did and I came up with this a couple of weeks ago;
Mike Flynn knows that however he behaves he will be unchallenged by the board of directors. In my view the sooner Mike Flynn leaves the better.
The first sentence is a pretty good definition of "bigger than the club", and says he doesn't just think it, he knows it.
Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager .
Is he? How would a forum user know?

I'd argue there's no such thing as a going rate, circumstances at clubs differ so wildly. Even if you knew the highest and lowest it's no help beyond saying it's between A and B.

Even if there were some rough scale, he's fifth in longevity behind Bentley (Morecambe), McGreal (Colchester), Cooper (FGR) and Artell (Crewe) so has earned some seniority.
As ever George nuance escapes you. I have no reason to believe Flynn is a liar. Flynn has stated he believes he is not bigger than the club. I believe he is. For the reasons I have stated.

I agree with you. That Flynn is wrong in his belief that he's not bigger than the club. For me if I can with impunity interview with other employers and at my leisure refuse them, and the upshot being I get a new improved contract that is a definition of me being more important to my employers than they are to me.

I am grateful that you read my posts. I would be more grateful still if having read them you did not misrepresent what I say.

The Cat wrote:Best news we could have had. Amazing that anyone would think that it would be better to ignore the interest in him and risk him leaving.
Well done everyone behind this decision. 99.9% of fans agree.
Morning Cat,

It may well be that 99.9% of supporters disagree with me.

Your point being?

jonescmj1 wrote:How are we expected to fit an extra season in between now and the summer of 2022!
Quite right Colin. A point I see Percy had all ready made but you are correct I misread 2022 for 2023.

Which in my view makes the decision by the club less poor but one I still disagreed we with.

And to be clear whilst I attach no blame to Flynn it remains my view that the club have allowed themselves to be messed around by an employee and the response of the club is to increase that employees pay.

I think that is damaging to our club. It is damaging because if we are to progress every individual must be seen to be smaller than the club. That is my view with which you are all entitled to disagree.

There's no misrepresentation. I just quoted your own recent words right back at you.

Of course an improved contract means better terms or it wouldn't be improved, would it?

And I'll repeat, there is no such thing as a going rate. All anyone can do is speculate about the highest and lowest salaries and Mr Redwood would have been guessing.