Re: Flynny new deal

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Paul Tisdale
It would be an interesting experiment to see what he would be capable of on our playing budget.
Personally I think what we would learn most about Flynn's level of performance.
The final line of defence. Could anyone else do any better?

Since September our form is that of relegation. Next season worries me. And in truth I don't think Flynn will be able to turn things around. Unfortunately Flynn always has an excuse. And that, for me, is his fatal flaw.
Defence?
Yes. 8)
No.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Paul Tisdale
It would be an interesting experiment to see what he would be capable of on our playing budget.
Personally I think what we would learn most about Flynn's level of performance.
The final line of defence. Could anyone else do any better?

Since September our form is that of relegation. Next season worries me. And in truth I don't think Flynn will be able to turn things around. Unfortunately Flynn always has an excuse. And that, for me, is his fatal flaw.
Defence?
Yes. 8)
No.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:With a 3 month release clause, length of contract ceases to be an issue.
Are you sure there is one? I doubt there is.
No. It sounds like neither of us are certain that with the changes to the board, that commitment will have been fulfilled. However, I don't see it as a big issue.
Neither do I as,he has a job for life as long as he wants it.

If this crap form continues should Foxhall fall on his sword.
He gave Flynny the new contract and increased salary.
Would be interesting to see how many league 2 managers are on a superior package to Flynny.
Bet its not all of the 15 teams above us though.

Our average home gates this season is 3900.....

Lose on Wednesday and I can foresee that figure dropping to sub 3000 for the remaining 7 home games in the league as the season will be as good as over for us. we aint going up and we wont go down.

i will be flexible with my figures because I dont know what the average is but lets say
900 x £12 ( seem about right - (adults , seniors kids) ?) = £ 10800 loss per game attendance fees x 7 games = £75600 lost in revenue .Thats a huge loss to a club like ours.

Allegedly MF is on £2500 per week and take today as an example , even though he blamed injuries , he had a pretty strong starting 11 out on the pitch and we produce a display where we cant get one shot on target ??? Why ??????

Todays line up
King - his first choice most of the season
Willmott - 99% of the time he will pick him in the side somewhere
Innes - his first choice most of the season
Bennett - first choice most of the season ( mainly midfield even if he is better as a centre half)
Demetriou - Apart from when injured , first choice CB

Labadie - first choice
Gorman - he brought him in in the last window and he has done ok
Green - he brought him in in the last window and did ok before his last two appearances
Abrahams - first choice in a 3 man attack , he moved him on the left

Amond - first choice until recently
Waters - he brought him in and sang his praises

Subs even though we only had 5 we still had 3 possibly 4 who have been in the first team squad all season
The only players we have missed who have been first choice are O'Brien ,Sheehan and Haynes . Khan couldnt play as it was against his 'main club who loaned him out to us'. Leadbetter has been injured almost all season, Baker has only played a few games and Townsend.Nurse has been mainly a bench warmer
He knew about Townsend Tuesday so why did he not sign an emergency goalkeeper as cover as you are allowed to outside the window as he obviously doesnt think the youth team keeper is ready to step up ?
He also said he was trying to sign cover for rightback and left back...He has had a week to do so, there are hundreds of out of work players out there. Someone even said one who is with Elite management and just left Macclesfield
Inuries yes but not as bad as he is making out

Did Green play wingback against us at Yeovil once?

If so, we should be able to pick eleven on Wednesday from today's squad with nobody way out of position.
King
Howkins Demetriou Inniss
Willmott Green
Bennett Labadie Dolan
Matt Amond

I'm just not sure that Howkins and Dolan are fully fit though.

Of course Nurse and/or Sheehan could be available which would change things

I don't know how much MF earns but I do know, from a position of some accuracy, that the Lge2 average declared manager's salary is £48K pa. So less than £1K pw.

Lge1 msnagers' saleries average £110k pa.

I think those rates are about right considering the weekly work and pressure these jobholders have

He had 8 first choice players today and he was bleating on about injuries . The other three who started today were players he brought in in the last transfer window.
9 of the players who started have played most of their careers in the position they started today...Only Willmott at right back/right wing back and how many times has MF played him there and Abrahams wide on the left , also a position MF has played him in played out of position.
yes we have injuries but we had a starting 11 of experienced players and 3 out of the 5 subs have also got experience. He had enough time IMO to sign a keeper ( 1 week) and maybe a full back but has failed to do so