Re: Flynny new deal

landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

You've got egg on your faces.

Great news and onto a great rainy affair on Saturday
Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.

I must be a fortune teller as I did predict that Flynny would stay but, by not dismissing the speculation and testing the water with other clubs,he has manoeuvred the board into giving him a pay rise.According to Brendan's insider,he was already on around £2250 a week which is over and above his peers in our league.How much more has he now got on top again.He also has security against the sack and stability for himself.The good thing for us is,it gives the club stability as other chairman will now have to fork out more compensation to take him away.I agree that Flynny has done a brilliant job for the club,he took the job on when we seemed doomed to relegation but,he sure knows how to milk the situation.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:To the cynics talking rubbish here not long ago, saying Flynn felt he was bigger than the club...

You've got egg on your faces.

Great news and onto a great rainy affair on Saturday
Wrong.

I don't know whether Flynn thinks he is bigger than the club or not. I believe that he is being treated as such by the club and in my view that is unacceptable. Try reading my posts, I have made no criticism of Flynn.

Second point Flynn has a three and a half year contract. In the uncertain world of football management that is one hell of a contract.

Michael Flynn is paid well above the going rate for a League 2 manager and with a deal now stretching for the best part of four seasons, it would appear that Flynn has done very well for himself.

It is properly a decision for the board of directors to make. If it were my decision I would not have made it. It is mere conjecture who is right, the board or me. Time will tell.
I agree with most of your sentiments here Brendan but,maybe maths is not your strongpoint.

Brilliant news and a very important signing. Well done to everyone concerned in this. Turned down 3 interviews showing loyalty which I already knew he had and has now committed to the club. Wycombe did exactly the same with Ainsworth.

Really hard to believe people questioned his loyalty and commitment.