Flynny new deal

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1360

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 26th, 2019, 10:00 am

Willthiswork wrote:I think it's daft to say that any of the performance issues are linked with new contracts or approaches from Lincoln etc.

Things happen in football and if anyone thinks that Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded. It was noticed that the coaching team didn't go straight into the changing room at half time on Saturday, they had a little talk prior, probably trying to contain their frustration a little?

We take the highs and the lows as a football supporter.


Whatever they discussed clearly didn't work then and as Flynny stated was totally ignored!
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 26th, 2019, 10:54 am

I think it's outrageous how we were winning games of kickball, and now we've lost some games of kickball. I certainly won't be able to eat or sleep much until this whole winning of the kickball is resolved to my satisfaction.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

7049

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby newgroundrodney » November 26th, 2019, 11:07 am

If I've read my records correctly, the last time we lost 3 league games on the bounce, was 42 games ago....not far off a FULL season's worth of games.
It's just a dip in form, that's all. The dip may not even be finished yet, but it will finish.
After 121 EFL games played, Flynny has a GD of (-1)..... I'll just let that sink in.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1360

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 26th, 2019, 11:33 am

newgroundrodney wrote:If I've read my records correctly, the last time we lost 3 league games on the bounce, was 42 games ago....not far off a FULL season's worth of games.
It's just a dip in form, that's all. The dip may not even be finished yet, but it will finish.
After 121 EFL games played, Flynny has a GD of (-1)..... I'll just let that sink in.

Doubt if you can do it with promotions etc but how many teams have scored less than us in those 121 games.
No idea but bet you could count them on one hand.
(-!) clearly shows that we are a boring team that just about scrape a win or draw plus a few narrow defeats.
Promotion.
Mid Table
Struggle

Take your pick?
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

408

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby supporter » November 26th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Good article from Penman today and I think the players and management team have earned a bit more loyalty from us. I'll clarify this by saying as fans to be moaning in the first 3 minutes then that's just moaning for moaning's sake.

It's been the same for the last 2 seasons where after a little slump we seem to go into meltdown. If you read what Penman says Flynny and the players accept that they're open to criticism if performances are poor, but if we're going to moan every game after 3 minutes we're hardly giving them a chance to settle into the game. Bennett also says harsh words were spoken amongst themselves and the same happened last year with Franks basically saying the same after one game-we made the playoffs!

I posted elsewhere about the season Accrington and Wycombe got promoted in the same season and at this point we have literally the same number of points as both of them. Actually Accrington then went onto lose the next 4 games from the end of November to end of December and went up as champions.

When things go well I don't jump on the bandwagon and after a few poor performances I don't put the boot in. Great relationship between the playing side and the fans, that's what makes the County a special club , we'll bounce back.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 26th, 2019, 1:53 pm

To be fair 90% of fans aren't having a meltdown, it's just the ones that do have loud, annoying voices.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

2336

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby whoareya » November 26th, 2019, 2:00 pm

rncfc wrote:To be fair 90% of fans aren't having a meltdown, it's just the ones that do have loud, annoying voices.


Nah, loud annoying keyboards.

All good fun.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

18945

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 26th, 2019, 2:29 pm

On the other hand if someone pays 22 quid as stated in Gus they have every right to complain
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

408

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby supporter » November 26th, 2019, 3:30 pm

Yep I agree with that as well Jim, MF and the players seem to accept this. However to be moaning in the first 3 minutes which is what MF refers to it's hardly backing the team is it.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8816

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby lowandhard » November 26th, 2019, 4:24 pm

supporter wrote:Yep I agree with that as well Jim, MF and the players seem to accept this. However to be moaning in the first 3 minutes which is what MF refers to it's hardly backing the team is it.


True but I think the outbreak of moaning after the Oldham game was due to the huge disappointment of another home loss and that the fans were hoping for a good performance after the dreadful fare on show versus Grimsby. I know we won that one but at ht there were people leaving at having to watch that crap. The same happened on Saturday. I never leave before the end and think it’s a bit drama queenish but when you’ve shelled out £20 odd quid and get that , I can understand the feeling of dismay.
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

408

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby supporter » November 26th, 2019, 7:05 pm

L and H a lot of people jumped on the fact that MF had a bit of a go at the crowd but what he actually clarified and he's right is why are you moaning after 3 minutes. For me that's a bit like moaning at a boxer who is sizing things up in the first round, if they've avoided a heavy punch so don' t lose big points early on then they have a better chance of setting the fight up,which in football terms is like losing a early goal which makes it harder to win the game.

We've changed style this season. Last season we hit a period where we were giving sides 2 goal leads playing brilliant football and making comebacks to win games. We then continued to play brilliant football outclassing Swindon and Lincoln away but losing, great football but zero points.

I missed Saturday by all accounts it was poor, if that was the case then the paying customer has the right to voice their displeasure.

If we want to go up then the great escape/great catchup mentality needs to kick in now.

Finally if you don't want to fight for the club then fack off.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 26th, 2019, 7:56 pm

lowandhard wrote:
supporter wrote:Yep I agree with that as well Jim, MF and the players seem to accept this. However to be moaning in the first 3 minutes which is what MF refers to it's hardly backing the team is it.


True but I think the outbreak of moaning after the Oldham game was due to the huge disappointment of another home loss and that the fans were hoping for a good performance after the dreadful fare on show versus Grimsby. I know we won that one but at ht there were people leaving at having to watch that crap. The same happened on Saturday. I never leave before the end and think it’s a bit drama queenish but when you’ve shelled out £20 odd quid and get that , I can understand the feeling of dismay.


There is some degree of sympathy with that, but the simple solution if the product is not up to the standard you'd like is to not go.

I don't disagree that the style of football has, by and large, not been massively pleasing on the eye. To some extent that's because it's how you get promoted from this division. Obviously when results don't go your way it leaves you vulnerable to criticism, but I don't think the recent blip justifies the pant-pissing we see on here from a select few.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8816

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby lowandhard » November 27th, 2019, 12:00 am

rncfc wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
supporter wrote:Yep I agree with that as well Jim, MF and the players seem to accept this. However to be moaning in the first 3 minutes which is what MF refers to it's hardly backing the team is it.


True but I think the outbreak of moaning after the Oldham game was due to the huge disappointment of another home loss and that the fans were hoping for a good performance after the dreadful fare on show versus Grimsby. I know we won that one but at ht there were people leaving at having to watch that crap. The same happened on Saturday. I never leave before the end and think it’s a bit drama queenish but when you’ve shelled out £20 odd quid and get that , I can understand the feeling of dismay.


There is some degree of sympathy with that, but the simple solution if the product is not up to the standard you'd like is to not go.

I don't disagree that the style of football has, by and large, not been massively pleasing on the eye. To some extent that's because it's how you get promoted from this division. Obviously when results don't go your way it leaves you vulnerable to criticism, but I don't think the recent blip justifies the pant-pissing we see on here from a select few.


It’s true the knicker-wetting on here can be excessive at times I admit but the fans can hardly be enthused by what they’re witnessing. It’s all too well criticising them for not getting behind the team but the first clearance over the stand probably brought back too many memories - a bit like PTSD but hoofball induced. Not everyone will walk out obviously , as some will have season tickets , are stalwarts , and will always turn up ( as will I ) : what is really concerning is whether those who shelled out their hard-earned to watch that rubbish will be prepared to do the same. If Flynny wants the crowd to get behind the team then I’ve got a novel idea , play some f*cking football, make some strikes on goal and see how the crowd react to that. Sure the fans should support the team but the team must enthuse the crowd too.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

12525

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 28th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Willthiswork wrote:I think it's daft to say that any of the performance issues are linked with new contracts or approaches from Lincoln etc.

Things happen in football and if anyone thinks that Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded. It was noticed that the coaching team didn't go straight into the changing room at half time on Saturday, they had a little talk prior, probably trying to contain their frustration a little?

We take the highs and the lows as a football supporter.


I agree anyone who thinks that 'Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded'. However I have yet to read one post which has said this.

Now you also say that the poor form is not linked to contracts or the approach from Lincoln. And you go on to say that anyone who thinks it is, is 'daft'.

Now it may be that the Lincoln approach, Gavin Foxall giving Michael Flynn a wage rise and the dip in form are merely a coincidence. I genuinely don't know. I would be interested in to why you are so convinced that that is the case.
no avatar
User

supporter

Posts

408

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby supporter » November 28th, 2019, 12:39 pm

I think Amond's comments in today's Argus tell us all we need to know about the manager's relationship with the player's which appears to be excellent.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests

Powered by phpBB ®