Flynny new deal

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 25th, 2019, 7:49 am

Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Perhaps you'd be better off accepting that I am right on this occasion, as I usually am.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

12525

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 25th, 2019, 8:43 am

rncfc wrote:Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Perhaps you'd be better off accepting that I am right on this occasion, as I usually am.


No I'm not twisting anything. To effect a lawful arrest it is not unlawful to use reasonable force. However you can't use violence on people just because they are criminals, or in the case of the paediatrician because a mob think that they are criminal.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 25th, 2019, 8:51 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:Stan, presumably you can read? You asked for examples of when I thought grassing was worse than the offence. I gave some examples. Now you're twisting the conversation in another direction, leaving me to conclude that you accept there are occasions where it's possible.

Perhaps you'd be better off accepting that I am right on this occasion, as I usually am.


Or in the case of the paediatrician because a mob think that they are criminal.


Struggling to see where I said that was OK, but if it helps you absorb your defeat then carry on.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5813

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby mad norm » November 25th, 2019, 8:52 am

Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 25th, 2019, 9:04 am

mad norm wrote:Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?


Not anymore it isn't.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

12525

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 25th, 2019, 9:11 am

rncfc wrote:
mad norm wrote:Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?


Not anymore it isn't.


Norm is right.

Also let me help you with your struggle.

You said it was okay not to 'snitch'. You can't snitch on someone unless they are doing something wrong. Using reasonable force to apprehend a criminal is neither wrong nor unlawful. It therefore follows that to snitch the person making such an arrest must have been using unreasonable force.

I am afraid in an essay on criminal law your efforts would receive an F.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Posts

2336

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby whoareya » November 25th, 2019, 9:34 am

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
mad norm wrote:Isn't this thread about Flynnys New Deal?


Not anymore it isn't.


Norm is right.

Also let me help you with your struggle.

You said it was okay not to 'snitch'. You can't snitch on someone unless they are doing something wrong. Using reasonable force to apprehend a criminal is neither wrong nor unlawful. It therefore follows that to snitch the person making such an arrest must have been using unreasonable force.

I am afraid in an essay on criminal law your efforts would receive an F.


A random reference to an ignorant, illiterate mob, now a reference to the use of reasonable force.

You're going off on a tangent, off a tangent - business as usual.
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

4214

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby rncfc » November 25th, 2019, 9:47 am

You have to ask why he's bothered to retire. He clearly still loves his field of work but spends all day online quoting it at us rather than being paid for it. A peculiar approach to take if you ask me.
no avatar
User

ROKERITE

Posts

19

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby ROKERITE » November 25th, 2019, 12:18 pm

The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
Mr Flynn loves a cup run so I'm optimistic that he'll have the team up for it on Friday.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

12525

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 25th, 2019, 1:05 pm

ROKERITE wrote:The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
Mr Flynn loves a cup run so I'm optimistic that he'll have the team up for it on Friday.


I agree to an extent.

The problem in September was that our board of directors, like many on this board, felt that Michael Flynn was the latter day Christ. He wasn't and isn't. As a result of which, in my view Flynn was rewarded when he should not have been.

But by the same token neither is Flynn suddenly a terrible manager. This is his big test. A poor run was inevitable, and I don't say that as a criticism. I hope that rather than waste time and energy looking around for an excuse he has the gumption to examine that which he is getting wrong. For me his biggest mistake is his tendency to blame the players in public. It may be that some people respond to a private bollocking but I have never known a public one doing anything other than to damage morale.
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8816

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby lowandhard » November 25th, 2019, 6:17 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
ROKERITE wrote:The comments of less than two months ago show how quickly sentiments can change amongst supporters these days. This is a bad run but Michael Flynn hasn't turned into a bad manager all of a sudden. He was much in demand and will be again. The fear in September was MF would be off to Lincoln and I was relieved when Appleton was appointed and pleased when MF signed his new deal. I trust this bad run is just that, a bad run.
Mr Flynn loves a cup run so I'm optimistic that he'll have the team up for it on Friday.


I agree to an extent.

The problem in September was that our board of directors, like many on this board, felt that Michael Flynn was the latter day Christ. He wasn't and isn't. As a result of which, in my view Flynn was rewarded when he should not have been.

But by the same token neither is Flynn suddenly a terrible manager. This is his big test. A poor run was inevitable, and I don't say that as a criticism. I hope that rather than waste time and energy looking around for an excuse he has the gumption to examine that which he is getting wrong. For me his biggest mistake is his tendency to blame the players in public. It may be that some people respond to a private bollocking but I have never known a public one doing anything other than to damage morale.


Agree totally with that. Frankly I think it’s totally ludicrous to say we are weakened by having certain players out when in fact those players were transferred in the summer. Imagine what their replacements must be feeling like today , knowing that he thinks they’re inadequate , after all he signed them! I’d be furious. If Flynny is the one who’s inadequate though, I suspect we can’t afford to sack him. :grin:
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1360

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 25th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Has it all gone downhill since his new contract.
Probably just a coincidence.
All started at Northampton and been crap ever since albeit wasn't great to watch before though
no avatar
User

The Ironsiders

Posts

47

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby The Ironsiders » November 25th, 2019, 10:20 pm

i think people are looking into it too much. we’re going through a bad patch, let’s get over it and focus on the next match and hope we get the win we need which will help our confidence and our finances.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

15033

Location

MT

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Exile 1976 » November 26th, 2019, 8:42 am

I’m not worried in the slightest because if Flynny can’t turn it around, and he gets the sack, we’ve got plenty of experienced football managers, just on this forum alone, that could take over and do a better job :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Exile 1976 on November 26th, 2019, 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

2740

Re: Flynny new deal

Postby Willthiswork » November 26th, 2019, 9:39 am

I think it's daft to say that any of the performance issues are linked with new contracts or approaches from Lincoln etc.

Things happen in football and if anyone thinks that Mike and the coaching team don't want to turn this poor form around are simply deluded. It was noticed that the coaching team didn't go straight into the changing room at half time on Saturday, they had a little talk prior, probably trying to contain their frustration a little?

We take the highs and the lows as a football supporter.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: portskewett, Rich and 22 guests

Powered by phpBB ®