Gloucester City

Great article on them on the BBC website about the troubles they have had to face since their ground , Meadow Park was flooded 12 years ago and what they have had to endure since.
They are waiting planning permission from their local Council to hopefully return to their 'home' from the start of next season.
I hope this story comes to the attention of GF and MF and we offer them a 'proper team 'to play next pre season, not a 'trialist and kids team' as a thanks for what they did in our rise through the leagues.

Re: Gloucester City

neilcork68 wrote:Great article on them on the BBC website about the troubles they have had to face since their ground , Meadow Park was flooded 12 years ago and what they have had to endure since.
They are waiting planning permission from their local Council to hopefully return to their 'home' from the start of next season.
I hope this story comes to the attention of GF and MF and we offer them a 'proper team 'to play next pre season, not a 'trialist and kids team' as a thanks for what they did in our rise through the leagues.
Fascinating read and survival because of a director'/business man's largesse

Re: Gloucester City

mad norm wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Great article on them on the BBC website about the troubles they have had to face since their ground , Meadow Park was flooded 12 years ago and what they have had to endure since.
Fascinating read and survival because of a director'/business man's largesse
Could be that the director/owner owns a skip company and the ground level at the Meadow needed raising above the flood level with associated defence bunds. Tempting to suggest that his company might have had a free tip for their soil and stone waste for a few years.
That said, it's a good marriage and it will be great to see them playing in Gloucester again.