Re: Cheltenham - Postponed fixture

SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: My view is that as Flynn knows how many of the team have 'niggles' he is in the best position to judge.

I would be annoyed if I were Cheltenham. I would be annoyed if I had bought train tickets, I see and understand all that. I simply take the view that managers are judged on one criteria alone, results.
That's not what you said when you suggested he went on gardening leave for talking to another club... :wink:
Isn't it? My view was that he should have been put on gardening leave rather than take the team to Northampton. You may recall we lost at Northampton.

I further take the view that Michael Flynn is now de facto bigger than the club. Which is unhealthy.

Now try finding a post of mine where I have been critical of Flynn, either in terms of his behaviour or his results. You won't find any such post. I have been and remain critical of the club for the way they handled the whole affair.

To be clear. Flynn behaved in his own best interest. His wife was not prepared to move. And by being totally pusillanimous the club end up paying him more even though having chosen to stay his negotiating position was weaker.
I mean I don't want to "Stan" you here, but who said anything about you being critical of Flynn? Why are you creating your own straw man? You said results were all that matter, and clearly previously stated something other than results (we were undefeated in the league until Northampton) mattered. Nothing else to discuss (and nor will I be).

I also think it's a bit presumptuous, naive even, to assume the new deal was agreed after he chose to stay.
Why do you think writing an unpleasant confrontational post is going to advance the discussion?

Rather than being unpleasant could I suggest that you say why you disagree with me? Then we might have a constructive conversation.