Re: Cheltenham - Postponed fixture

I must say my disappointment arose due to the fact that Cheltenham fixture being the closest County game I see all season, living within a couple of miles away from Whaddon road, was looking forward to a total day out so to speak :wink: However I understand Mike Flynn's reasons for his decision, so will look forward to the re-arranged game in due course :grin:

mike wilks wrote:I must say my disappointment arose due to the fact that Cheltenham fixture being the closest County game I see all season, living within a couple of miles away from Whaddon road, was looking forward to a total day out so to speak :wink: However I understand Mike Flynn's reasons for his decision, so will look forward to the re-arranged game in due course :grin:
Exactly how a message board should work. You hold a view. You read my opinion. You think it over. You realize that I am right. And you say so. 8)

SJG99 wrote:Now Flynn's explained that Leadbitter wouldn't be available to cover McNamara, I'm fine with the decision - had it been just a case of losing one starter, albeit a good one, I'd have been a bit more keen for us to get it out of the way before our inevitable cup run and fixture backlog. :lol:
Yes, my view too and I hadn't realised Labadie would be out too. Bit alarmed by the suggestion Demetriou might be back for the new date, I hope he doesn't rush.

Edit: And selfishly, it will now be on i-Follow.

George Street-Bridge wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Now Flynn's explained that Leadbitter wouldn't be available to cover McNamara, I'm fine with the decision - had it been just a case of losing one starter, albeit a good one, I'd have been a bit more keen for us to get it out of the way before our inevitable cup run and fixture backlog. :lol:
Yes, my view too and I hadn't realised Labadie would be out too. Bit alarmed by the suggestion Demetriou might be back for the new date, I hope he doesn't rush.

Edit: And selfishly, it will now be on i-Follow.
The re-arranged fixture will be much later in the season . Plenty of time for Mickey D to be back

From EFL Regulations:-
Re-dating of Postponed Fixtures

In accordance with Regulation 28.1, postponed fixtures must be re-arranged at the earliest reasonable opportunity and be agreed within seven days of the postponement. It is accepted that there are some circumstances where it is beneficial to delay the re-dating of matches.

A more detailed guidance document is available in the Football Services section on the CPS.

newgroundrodney wrote:I always understood, the clubs had 7 days to agree a new date, with the date itself being no later than 42 days from the original scheduled fixture.....is that NOT the case?
Appears to be my evening for reading the EFL rulebook: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... -fixtures/
28 Postponements, Abandonments and Re-Arrangements

28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League.

Guidance

It is not permissible for a club to make a decision to postpone a match and in the first instance Clubs should contact the Football Services Department for advice. The full guidance document is available in the Football Services section on the CPS.

In accordance with Regulation 28.1, postponed fixtures must be re-arranged at the earliest reasonable opportunity and be agreed within seven days of the postponement. It is accepted that there are some circumstances where it is beneficial to delay the re-dating of matches.
Nothing about 42 days, just "earliest reasonable opportunity", and if the clubs don't agree within a week, the League will schedule it.

Also FWIW in the Premier League their Board reschedules postponed games.
Upon a League Match being postponed or abandoned in accordance with Rules
L.12.1, L.12.2, L.12.3, or L.12.4 the Home Club shall forthwith inform the Board, and the
Board will thereupon exercise its power under Rule L.1.2 and fix a date and kick-off
time of the re-arranged League Match.
Rule L.1.2 does give the clubs involved or affected by the change the opportunity to "make representations".

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I always understood, the clubs had 7 days to agree a new date, with the date itself being no later than 42 days from the original scheduled fixture.....is that NOT the case?
Appears to be my evening for reading the EFL rulebook: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/ef ... -fixtures/
28 Postponements, Abandonments and Re-Arrangements

28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League.

Guidance

It is not permissible for a club to make a decision to postpone a match and in the first instance Clubs should contact the Football Services Department for advice. The full guidance document is available in the Football Services section on the CPS.

Nothing about 42 days, just "earliest reasonable opportunity", and if the clubs don't agree within a week, the League will schedule it.
I think maybe the 42 day rule applies to National League games not EFL....

You are correct though, it's the National League:

8.39 Where a match has been postponed for any reason, the two Clubs concerned must agree within seven (7) days of the postponement a
new date (which shall, save in exceptional circumstances, be within 42 days of the original date) and in default the Board is empowered to order Clubs to play on a date it considers suitable. The Competition Secretary shall determine the new date.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ar ... 013?page=0