Re: Cheltenham

mike wilks wrote:Gutted if indeed as stated FFS......
I understand your frustration. But let's pause for a moment. County play a weakened side at Cheltenham. We lose a very close game. Come the end of April we miss automatic promotion on goal difference. One more point and we would have been up.

As you might say FFS. :grin:

Morganrum wrote:If bookings go against us tomorrow , we could be without both Sheehan and Labs, although Inniss will be available
If indeed that was the outcome could the resulting one match ban be served on Tuesday? If so then I suspect two bookings this Saturday are virtually guaranteed.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Morganrum wrote:If bookings go against us tomorrow , we could be without both Sheehan and Labs, although Inniss will be available
If indeed that was the outcome could the resulting one match ban be served on Tuesday? If so then I suspect two bookings this Saturday are virtually guaranteed.
No, discipline for the Trophy is separate. Inniss was a special case because the offence attracts a misconduct charge.

taunton iron cider wrote:-
The disciplinary rules for the competition were revamped in 2016 when they said:-
Any EFL or Premier League player who is serving a ban or is set to serve a suspension for a yellow or red card offence will be eligible to play in this week’s opening group games in the Checkatrade Trophy.
Don't know if there have been any further changes since then.

Newport County AFC’s away Sky Bet League Two fixture against Cheltenham Town on Saturday 12th October has been postponed after three Exiles players received international call-ups.

Danny McNamara, Lewis Collins and Keanu Marsh-Brown have been selected to represent their countries over the course of the international weekend so a new date will be found for the game.

When both clubs agree on a new fixture date it will be announced via all official County channels.