Re: Cheltenham

George Street-Bridge wrote:
County Exile wrote:Lewis Collins is on a full professional contract
But as an academy graduate. I don't think the rule can apply as we didn't have one last week.

It obviously does apply as the game has been called off and we’ve only had 3 call ups

Re: Cheltenham

I think Flynny and the club are thinking if we pick up injuries today or Tuesday then we could be short.I think we are over cautious,KMB is never going to play,Lewis was on the bus at Swindon but,didn't make the squad.Macnamara has been good but,he was left out against Exeter and we managed ok that day.It does seem that Leadbitter hasn't impressed Flynny too much,the one game he stood in for Macnamara the last call up,he got subbed.

Cheltenham off.

In response to Mike Wilkes post on another thread I made the point that in my view Flynn should go ahead in getting the game off because it would mean we may have a stronger team to face Cheltenham at a later date.

So I agree with Michael Flynn and think he has made the right decision.

Does this mean I am right? No it means I agree with the County manager.

Does it mean Mike Wilkes is wrong? No it means that Mike Wilkes disagrees with the County manager.

Is Mike Wilkes a trouble causer, a troll or even worse? No, he is a County supporter expressing a point of view and likewise giving reasons for his point of view. And long might Mr Wilkes continue to agree or disagree with any aspect of our club.

Re: Cheltenham off.

JonD wrote:I initially chose not to reply in the hope it would die a natural death.

I am inclined to favour not replying when someone starts a shit thread, and without wishing to denigrate Stan's contributions, this ain't his best.
Fair enough. But it is a topic on which some supporters hold different views to others. On this occasion I think that the club are right I'm interested in the views of others.

So let's put it neutral terms.

Newport County are playing the system to their own advantage. I think on balance they are right to do so. Others may feel that it's unfair gamesmanship, others again that it is being unfair on supporters.

My apologizes for pointing out I don't always disagree with the decisions made by Newport County.