Re: Flynny

I think we lose either way on this one Jim. If he takes us up, as an ambitious man he will go when a decent offer is made to him. I will wish him well.

I agree with your sentiment though. For a manager to take his home town club as an ex player from l4 to l2 would be just superb. Fingers crossed but the realist in me says it isn't going to happen.

Depends which jobs become available, and which he might be offered. I think, for instance, he would find it hard to turn down Cardiff, Swansea or Bristol, but hopefully none of those will be looking for a new manager for quite some time.

OLDSTER wrote:Depends which jobs become available, and which he might be offered. I think, for instance, he would find it hard to turn down Cardiff, Swansea or Bristol, but hopefully none of those will be looking for a new manager for quite some time.
Think he hinted quite strongly, that he would be open to any offers from a Championship team. Would the cost of compensation now rule out any league 1 team making an offer? Unless of course, moneybags Vince the vegan wants a change of manager? Perish the thought.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
OLDSTER wrote:Depends which jobs become available, and which he might be offered. I think, for instance, he would find it hard to turn down Cardiff, Swansea or Bristol, but hopefully none of those will be looking for a new manager for quite some time.
Think he hinted quite strongly, that he would be open to any offers from a Championship team. Would the cost of compensation now rule out any league 1 team making an offer? Unless of course, moneybags Vince the vegan wants a change of manager? Perish the thought.
That would be such a poor career move. Although I could understand it if they threw daft money at him. I'd sell my soul for a couple of million.

Warnock's said he's retiring at the end of the season.

2 decent managerial vacancies currently going (@ Barnsley and Sunderland) and no mention of Flynny going and the bookies' odds.

Good to see that his recently-upgraded contract has settled the fans a bit. Ainsworth being mentioned for both vacancies.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:2 decent managerial vacancies currently going (@ Barnsley and Sunderland) and no mention of Flynny going and the bookies' odds.

Good to see that his recently-upgraded contract has settled the fans a bit. Ainsworth being mentioned for both vacancies.
There's Millwall aswell.