Re: Tuesday night v Exeter

Useful run-out for some of the youth players but little else. We had more chances but their finishing was more clinical.

Nick Townsend's distribution poor and also dropped a couple of crosses.
Dom Jefferies at right back looks like he could be a decent player in time and George Nurse on the left had a reasonable game too.
Decent warm-up game for Ryan Innis and no biting.
On this performance can't see Ekpiteta breaking into the first team anytime soon.
Similarly, it may be just me, but from what I have seen of Maloney to date don't see him as a first team player.
Matty Dolan did ok, although a couple of loose passes. Think he took every corner and every attacking half free kick in the match.
Corey Whiteley put in plenty of effort but no end product.
A couple of the best chances fell to Tristan Abrahams and should have scored at least one of them. Again plenty of effort and we know he is capable of playing better.
Dominic Poleon was very lively, got into some good positions and put in a few decent passes for Abrahams.
Elis Watts - can't say I noticed him that much.
The 3 subs were all youth team players and none of them really got into the game.

County Exile wrote:Useful run-out for some of the youth players but little else. We had more chances but their finishing was more clinical.

Townsend's distribution poor and also dropped a couple of crosses.
Dom Jefferies at right back looks like he could be a decent player in time and George Nurse on the left had a reasonable game too.
On this performance can't see Ekpiteta breaking into the first team anytime soon.
Similarly, it may be just me, but from what I have seen of Maloney to date don't see him as a first team player.
Matty Dolan did ok, although a couple of loose passes. Think he took every corner and every attacking half free kick in the match.
A couple of the best chances fell to Tristan Abrahams and should have scored at least one of them. Again plenty of effort and we know he is capable of playing better.
Dominic Poleon was very lively, got into some good positions and put in a few decent passes for Abrahams.
The 3 subs were all youth team players and none of them really got into the game.
Appreciate the report.
Maloney just doesn't seem up to it.
Is he hear for the season or until Jan as think he needs sending back.

Ugo. wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County Exile wrote:Full time 2-0
Another £10K lost.
Have we ever won any games since this competition started?
Didn't we get past the group stage last season?
Lost every game last season :oops:
Did manage 1 win previous season.
Minimum so far excluding going into next round.

£80K possible
£10K achieved.

County Exile wrote:Useful run-out for some of the youth players but little else. We had more chances but their finishing was more clinical.

Nick Townsend's distribution poor and also dropped a couple of crosses.
Would pretty much agree with all of this. Disappointing after a promising start and looking the better team until their first goal. Passing accuracy deteriorated second half. Still plenty of time for much needed shooting practice before next game

Does this mean we're out now? Good news if so, we can concentrate on the actual important competitions.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County Exile wrote:Full time 2-0
Another £10K lost.
Have we ever won any games since this competition started?
Didn't we get past the group stage last season?
Lost every game last season :oops:
Did manage 1 win previous season.
Minimum so far excluding going into next round.

£80K possible
£10K achieved.
We beat Chelsea's kids and Plymouth last year and lost on penalties in the first knockout game.