Its not luck...

That we scored late today. I think we're going to see a lot of sides come and be happy to get a point as Carlisle were today and Port Vale were a couple of weeks back.

I think we could well win a lot of games in the last ten minutes in these type of games. I remember going to Accrington in the season they went up, we were leading 1-0 for a long time and then they equalised. I was nervous till the end because they had a habit of scoring really late goals but we drew 1-1. Scoring late for Accrington wasn't luck that season it happened too often for that.

Our defending today was superb and provided the platform to win. I suspose it was a day where we didn't click but in layman's terms we did our jobs and dug in.

I think tough 0-0 draws like the one away at Walsall laid the foundations for late wins like today.

Re: Its not luck...

supporter wrote:That we scored late today. I think we're going to see a lot of sides come and be happy to get a point as Carlisle were today and Port Vale were a couple of weeks back.

I think we could well win a lot of games in the last ten minutes in these type of games. I remember going to Accrington in the season they went up, we were leading 1-0 for a long time and then they equalised. I was nervous till the end because they had a habit of scoring really late goals but we drew 1-1. Scoring late for Accrington wasn't luck that season it happened too often for that.

Our defending today was superb and provided the platform to win. I suspose it was a day where we didn't click but in layman's terms we did our jobs and dug in.

I think tough 0-0 draws like the one away at Walsall laid the foundations for late wins like today.
Not sure I can agree with a lot of that, but I'm sure everyone can agree that there was no luck involved with Nurse's goal.

Said to my lad after the game, when you're winning with late goals regularly like this you start to think it's your season.

Hopefully we can capitalise.

Still have our two most influential players to come back in; Labadie and Demetriou. The mind boggles.

supporter wrote:Just watched efl on quest and as they said we've scored 6 goals in the last 15 minutes of games, that isn't luck its about working hard on days like yesterday.
Agreed. If you come up against a team as well organised as Carlisle, then make absolutely sure you don't concede a goal. That way you will get a point. Anything else is a bonus. Yesterday we got a bonus.

excessbee wrote:
supporter wrote:Just watched efl on quest and as they said we've scored 6 goals in the last 15 minutes of games, that isn't luck its about working hard on days like yesterday.
Agreed. If you come up against a team as well organised as Carlisle, then make absolutely sure you don't concede a goal. That way you will get a point. Anything else is a bonus. Yesterday we got a bonus.
Carlisle only came for the point.
Was hoping for a few goals but it was one of those days.

I agree entirely. When you are consistently lucky you are doing something right. The corollary is also true, being consistently unlucky is doing something wrong. We are over quarter of the way through the season, we are already safe notwithstanding the usual fears. If at Christmas we're still in contention then it may well be our year.