Re: FA Cup draw

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:Just give the bye to Mansfield who were robbed in the first place.
Good strike breakers
There were strike breakers in South Wales too.
No comparison, a few here. Wasn’t the whole coalfield working there? Fat lot of good it did them, they got closed in the end as well.

excessbee wrote:The 4th qualifying draw has now been made. 32 matches, so without Bury there will be an odd number of teams in the first round proper. I suppose that means two ways to resolve this. Draw the team to get a bye first, or the bye is the odd team left at the end. Any other ways of doing this?
Well, it seems the second of my suggestions is the one that will happen. Last ball in the bowl will get the bye. Do we want it to be us? Also, that club will get the £36k (didn't think it was that much) first round winner's money. If it can't be us, :lol:, then hopefully it will be the lowest ranked team in the competition. Would hate to see it go to a League One club, Sunderland or Lincoln would be particularly galling.

I would still take the bye every time, would only take the game if the bye didn't come with winner's prize money but it does.

I wonder what the mechanics will be:
- have a ball in the mix marked "bye".
- first team out of the bag gets the bye.
- last ball left at the end gets it.

I'd go for the third option.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I would still take the bye every time, would only take the game if the bye didn't come with winner's prize money but it does.

I wonder what the mechanics will be:
- have a ball in the mix marked "bye".
- first team out of the bag gets the bye.
- last ball left at the end gets it.

I'd go for the third option.
I agree about taking the bye. Even with a tier 7 side Yate springs to mind.

As for how it is arranged I don't suppose it really matters. Local skittles leagues manage it without too much trauma, even the EFL should be able to manage it without difficulty. (I stress should. :grin: )

excessbee wrote:Already decided. The last remaining ball after 39 matches have been drawn will get the bye. I'm just trying to imagine being a supporter of one of the last two remaining teams, knowing that there is a 50/50 chance of a freebie to round two.
There's about a 20/1 chance you won't have to imagine.

And can you imagine knowing with two balls left it's either away to Sunderland or a bye?