Re: FA Cup draw

78 numbers will come out, one won't. At the start of the draw, every team has a 1/79 chance of getting the bye. The odds get marginally better with every ball taken. I won't be thinking about it unless it gets to the last 4 or 5. As it's been a couple of months since Bury's expulsion I wonder if it could have been organised in a way that had 33 ties in the 4th Qualifying, maybe even 66 in Q3. A nice little bonus for lower league teams.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:Already decided. The last remaining ball after 39 matches have been drawn will get the bye. I'm just trying to imagine being a supporter of one of the last two remaining teams, knowing that there is a 50/50 chance of a freebie to round two.
There's about a 20/1 chance you won't have to imagine.

And can you imagine knowing with two balls left it's either away to Sunderland or a bye?
I'd take the bye if that's the choice. Into the second round where we are only one match away from a bigger match than Sunderland. There will still be a lowly team (like Wrexham :grin:) to assist our passage to round three.

Ball number 28

Apparently according to a website that popped up .. angelnumber.org ............

The number 28 symbolizes balance, harmony, service to others, empathy, adaptability, divine life purpose and soul mission, manifestation of wealth, prosperity and abundance, solving problems, achieving success, knowledge, inner wisdom, the Universal Spiritual Law of Karma, partnerships, authority, finances, leadership, etc.

( so quite a lot of things ... but a little disappointed with the etc. at the end, were they in a hurry, or disinterested. I mean, they could be missing off something really important............ it goes on to say.....)

When they send you the angel number 28, the angels are sending you a message that your attitude, confidence, self – belief and overall positive attitude towards life and life circumstances, are leading you to abundance which will soon appear in your life.

(All good...Wait.... to abundance?????? Abundance of what?! Perhaps they mean A Bun Dance, a celebratory dance on winning promotion or the Cup tie !!!?)

They remind you to be grateful for all the blessings you have and share them with others.

(We haven't forgotten where we came from, I guess goodwill to those we left behind in non-league)

The angels want you to be aware that your optimism and positive affirmations will create all you desire in your life.

They are praising you for the good work you have done and encouraging you to continue you with what you are doing.

(So keep it up County!!!, yay)

(These Angels seem alright, not going to knock any positivity)

(Last season's ball 28 were Morecambe and we were 29... , they lost to FC Halifax in round one.....perhaps 28 is different this season!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Another spanner in the works today. The abandonment of Haringey Borough v Yeovil. What happens with this now?
Haringey getting expelled for walking off the pitch is quite likely, but would be harsh.
Maybe Yeovil fans were guilty and their club says we won't accept a walkover.
Replay the tie; their opponents may have to wait for a replay before knowing who their First Round tie is against.
Were the guilty ones actually Yeovil supporters or just a handful of roving extremists looking to cause a commotion, who happened to decide upon that fixture.
Will there be two byes awarded in the First Round? :?:
Last edited by excessbee on October 20th, 2019, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An interesting team in the first round is Malden & Tiptree from the Isthmian North, level 8. They have manged to win all 16 of their games this season scoring a boat load of goals in the process. Their top 3 scorers have already scored 45 between them

The 1st round draw is in their club house so I am sure the BBC will tell us more

Normally I would welcome a draw against a team from level 8 but we may want to avoid them

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/mald ... es-results

Exile 1976 wrote:Once should ‘be enough’. If found guilty, kick Yeovil out the competition & fine them heavily.
You and I both know that there is a small group of brainless morons who very occasionally turn up at County games. Telford and Havant were the last two times I saw them. They don't represent us or in any real sense support County.

If they were to turn up at a first round draw away at some non-league ground and come out with racist filth would you support a heavy fine for County and expulsion from the competition?

Thirty six years ago at Harrow I remember talking to a home fan distraught not that his team had lost 3-1 but that County fans had smashed up the home side's clubhouse. Newport fans were animals was what he told me. Turned out it was Chelsea 'fans' on a busman's holiday.

My view is catch and punish the thugs but don't try collective punishment.
Last edited by Stan A. Einstein on October 20th, 2019, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: My view is catch and punish the thugs but don't try collective punishment.
Agree. Maybe a fine for Yeovil, but all of it suspended. Not quite comparing like with like as that was a home game, but I've never yet heard anyone explain what County could have done to prevent the coin incident against Swansea.

Two arrests made, from the Yeovil area. I would guess that they didn't chose that match as a first time to watch the team, but ir may be their last. I suppose other fans may have pointed the finger and that may save Yeovil from expulsion, along with the fact that it's a first offence. They may not get any tickets for the rearranged game, whenever that might be.

excessbee wrote:Another spanner in the works today. The abandonment of Haringey Borough v Yeovil. What happens with this now?
Haringey getting expelled for walking off the pitch is quite likely, but would be harsh.
Maybe Yeovil fans were guilty and their club says we won't accept a walkover.
Replay the tie; their opponents may have to wait for a replay before knowing who their First Round tie is against.
Were the guilty ones actually Yeovil supporters or just a handful of roving extremists looking to cause a commotion, who happened to decide upon that fixture.
Will there be two byes awarded in the First Round? :?:
Very good point re "roving extremists" not beyond the warped minds of some.
However those who hear,see such incidents and say nothing are no better than the low life that perpetrate such deeds