The Welsh goalkeeper

Further to the sad news of the passing of Mr Ron Jones, I read in the paper that it would be a nice tribute to urge the Welsh FA to award him with a posthumous Welsh Cap, as a tribute to him for his place in goal for the Welsh team in that photograph during his Aushtwitz ordeal during the last great conflict. I THINK HE DESERVES IT. I think it would be a nice mark of respect too.
Come on the Port ! Bob Bassett

Re: The Welsh goalkeeper

Yes when I posted it was because I had seen it on here earlier from someone, and I thought it would be a fitting tribute to Mr Jones and his team mates if the Welsh FA, and also some of the smiling faces of Newport City Councilors who attended the Man City cup tie put a bit of effort into tracing MR Jones teammates, and gave it the news space those soldiers deserve. Mr Jones's 30 odd years of his efforts Poppy Selling deserves a bit of effort in return.
Come on the Port ...............Bob Bassett

Re: The Welsh goalkeeper

UPTHEPORT wrote:I emailed the FAW Mike at that time saying Ron should have a Cap but got no reply
That is typical Welsh FA, if it was the glorified team from the aerodrome or what ever its called, it would be on "Wales Today" for a week !!.............................Bob Bassett