Re: What are you doing?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote: Once you go Non league you rarely bounce back.
Can you think of anyone as I cannot who has.
I mean, you're not trying very hard. We have about half a squad of them at this exact moment.

Of the current squad, those who have played in the League, then in non-League and are now back in a League squad include:
Tom King (Welling and Braintree loans after playing for Millwall in the EFL)
Dan Leadbitter (Torquay in EFL then Hereford and Bristol Rovers in non-League)
Kyle Howkins (Kidderminster loan from WBA 15/16)
Robbie Willmott (Ebbsfleet, Eastleigh, Bishops Stortford, Chelmsford between County spells)
Padraig Amond played 4 National League matches for Hartlepool before we signed him
Danny McNamara (Welling, Dover, Havant&Waterlooville loans since signing for Millwall)
Ade Azeez (Dover loan 2017/18 after EFL debut with Wycombe)
Tristan Abrahams (Leyton Orient loan 2017/18 in non-League after EFL debut with them)
George Nurse (Weston SM loan 18/19 - though he's never actually played for Bristol City, he has now played for County in the EFL since)
Mark O'Brien (Southport loans 15-17 after playing for Derby)
Keanu Marsh-Brown (played for Barnet, FGR and Dover in non-league after 4 EFL teams)

In other miscellaneous examples - Troy Deeney did ok after (then League Two) Walsall sent him on loan to Halesowen for a season in 2006/7.
Aaron Collins played for Tranmere and Maidstone in non-League and seems to be doing ok in L2.

Quite a few pros have been released by League clubs as youth players and made it in the Premier League after a spell in non-League too (Jamie Vardy, Gary Hooper, Charlie Austin, Kevin Phillips immediately spring to mind).

So, playing a bit of non-League is not the death knell for a career being implied.

Sorry but you clearly do not understand my point.
It relates to players from the County we have lent out, not every player who has ever kicked a ball for County
Your list does not include a single player.
Apart from Turley I am struggling.
Therefore it is a death knell.

So many contributors said we were mad lending a player to Brackley and he scored for fun there but where is he now?
Telford

They just don't comeback despite the potential.

Exile 1976 wrote:Genuinely think Maloney brings even less to the table than Cooper. Every time I’ve seen him play he looks like a fan that’s won a competition to play for us
Totally agree.
Seen far worse than Cooper albeit he was pretty poor.

SJG99 wrote:Your point is us lending a player to non-League is the end of their league career. My point is that half our current squad have been lent to non-League and it wasn't the end of their league career. What's difficult?
Total bollox.
Tell me a player since our first game against Acrrington, that we have loaned out and they have come back and played EFL
If you can well done as I am struggling.
I couldn't care a monkey about other clubs.
What's difficult :lol: :lol:

mad norm wrote:Keep to Phil's topic
At least they are talking about football. You go off topic to tell us all about Doris and her bunions. Not that I am suggesting that we shouldn't have a bit of humour or that subjects shouldn't develop.

But for yourself to be complaining of threads going off topic is a bit rich don't you think?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:Your point is us lending a player to non-League is the end of their league career. My point is that half our current squad have been lent to non-League and it wasn't the end of their league career. What's difficult?
Total bollox.
Tell me a player since our first game against Acrrington, that we have loaned out and they have come back and played EFL
Tom Owen-Evans, loaned to Truro, left and signed for Falkirk (not EFL but arguably better than L2 standard)
Rhys Taylor (GK), loaned to Wrexham, later signed for Macclesfield
Nathan Ralph, loaned to Aldershot, since played for Dundee and currently at Southend
Christian Jolley, loaned to Forest Green, since played for Grimsby
Aaron Collins, loaned to Merthyr, since played for Wolves, Notts County, Colchester, Morecambe and Forest Green
we also loaned Ismail Yakubu to Cambridge in 2011 when we were both in the Conference, and he played EFL for us after that

So, point made, and to keep in on message, I'm sat on the sofa posting on the messageboard thanks for asking, Phil. :wink:

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Total bollox.
Tom Owen-Evans, loaned to Truro, left and signed for Falkirk (not EFL but arguably better than L2 standard)
Rhys Taylor (GK), loaned to Wrexham, later signed for Macclesfield
Nathan Ralph, loaned to Aldershot, since played for Dundee and currently at Southend
Christian Jolley, loaned to Forest Green, since played for Grimsby
Aaron Collins, loaned to Merthyr, since played for Wolves, Notts County, Colchester, Morecambe and Forest Green
we also loaned Ismail Yakubu to Cambridge in 2011 when we were both in the Conference, and he played EFL for us after that

So, point made, and to keep in on message, I'm sat on the sofa posting on the messageboard thanks for asking, Phil. :wink:
TOE Total failure at Falkirk
RT Failure again
Ralph Never kicked a ball for us injured
Legend Few games then back Non league
Aaron Transferred with a fee via County. We called him back

So point made. :lol: :lol:

Your point was that no-one ever played Football League after we loaned them to non-league. It isn't true. Also, your opinion of their careers since is irrelevant, they met the criteria you determined.

I would also point out that in researching this I've established that
1) we don't loan many players out to begin with
2) we loan even fewer to non-league
3) by definition players we loan to a lower division are already determined as not being good enough, so it's hardly a concern if they prove that to be the case. Especially as the upside of a cheap recruit who IS good enough massively outweighs the cons of moving on one who isn't quite up to it.
4) Even with all that considered, Aaron Collins and Nathan Ralph alone have completely undermined the point you were making with their post-loan successes.