Re: What are you doing?

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening

A good mix of stuff!

Well, this may sound a bit geeky, but every year we make a display for Christmas. You may have seen them in the garden centres and suchlike.
Lighted buildings, animated items, lights, snow etc.
Years ago it was just on a sideboard, but has expanded and now fills the conservatory!
It takes many hours to put together and so today was a good opportunity to get it all down from the attic and start to plan this years layout.
Can’t remember how to put a pic up, but if anyone is sad enough to want to see how last years looked then message me your e mail and I’ll send a few pics over.

Phil in Northampton
Blimey.....you came across as a sensible person when I met you at Wembley :shock:

worksop amber wrote:I'm in Whitby for the weekend with the wife and a few friends
Had a 6 mile walk this morning along the cliffs and ending up at the Abbey then a few pints.
Just getting ready for the evening meal and a few more pints and some live music
Now THAT sounds like a good way to spend a spare Saturday !!! Enjoy

Corpaboy wrote:
worksop amber wrote:I'm in Whitby for the weekend with the wife and a few friends
Had a 6 mile walk this morning along the cliffs and ending up at the Abbey then a few pints.
Just getting ready for the evening meal and a few more pints and some live music
Now THAT sounds like a good way to spend a spare Saturday !!! Enjoy
Cheers Corpa
Just woke up and it feels like it was a bloody good Saturday lol
Why oh why do we do it

What I do most Saturday's when we are away or not playing took my Mrs and dog to Aberavon beach it really is a gem and only 40 minutes from Newport much better than Barry or Porthcawl the beach is 3 miles long and I always take a bag and gloves and pick up any plastic washed up or left just doing my bit

UPTHEPORT wrote:What I do most Saturday's when we are away or not playing took my Mrs and dog to Aberavon beach it really is a gem and only 40 minutes from Newport much better than Barry or Porthcawl the beach is 3 miles long and I always take a bag and gloves and pick up any plastic washed up or left just doing my bit
You could take in an Afan Lido game if you were that way inclined...

SJG99 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:What I do most Saturday's when we are away or not playing took my Mrs and dog to Aberavon beach it really is a gem and only 40 minutes from Newport much better than Barry or Porthcawl the beach is 3 miles long and I always take a bag and gloves and pick up any plastic washed up or left just doing my bit
You could take in an Afan Lido game if you were that way inclined...
No my County free Saturday's I spend with my family these days after hanging up the whistle

Yesterday I went to see Concord Rangers v. Chippenham on Canvey Island with John Luckett as I live in Basildon. Lee Minshull and Lemar Reynolds played for Concord and Foulston, Zebrowski and Keiran Parselle played for Chippenham. Jay played very well at left back and my MOM was Parselle who was excellent. Chippenham won 1-0. Met Lee and Zeb after the game great blokes.

bedeck wrote:Yesterday I went to see Concord Rangers v. Chippenham on Canvey Island with John Luckett as I live in Basildon. Lee Minshull and Lemar Reynolds played for Concord and Foulston, Zebrowski and Keiran Parselle played for Chippenham. Jay played very well at left back and my MOM was Parselle who was excellent. Chippenham won 1-0. Met Lee and Zeb after the game great blokes.
I always thought Parselle was over looked.His first game was a friendly against QPR then at Wolves in the cup,he looked good and only 17 at the time.Sheridan and Feeney hardly played him then Westley loaned him to Salisbury.Flynny let him go without giving him a game.You could argue that he has found his level,Gloucester and now Chippenham but I thought the fella was hard done by.Only Butcher really gave him a chance.

I genuinely believe that there is not a lot to chose ability-wise between league Two and national league South level. Generally the only difference is physical attributes, stamina, dedication and training.

Unfortunately not many managers have the time to wait for these players to find their feet and get themselves up to speed.

Percy plunkett wrote:
bedeck wrote:Yesterday I went to see Concord Rangers v. Chippenham on Canvey Island with John Luckett as I live in Basildon. Lee Minshull and Lemar Reynolds played for Concord and Foulston, Zebrowski and Keiran Parselle played for Chippenham. Jay played very well at left back and my MOM was Parselle who was excellent. Chippenham won 1-0. Met Lee and Zeb after the game great blokes.
I always thought Parselle was over looked.His first game was a friendly against QPR then at Wolves in the cup,he looked good and only 17 at the time.Sheridan and Feeney hardly played him then Westley loaned him to Salisbury.Flynny let him go without giving him a game.You could argue that he has found his level,Gloucester and now Chippenham but I thought the fella was hard done by.Only Butcher really gave him a chance.
Totally agree, think Jay has been treated the same.
One flaw with Flynny is that he is just not interested in bringing anybody through the ranks.
Will still put useless loanees like Maloney on the bench and the likes of Dom Jefferies do not get a look in.
Once you go Non league you rarely bounce back.
Can you think of anyone as I cannot who has.