Re: National League

excessbee wrote:Help me here. Why would a rail incident at Milton Keynes result in the postponement of a match between Dover and Barrow? (also Fylde v Sutton and Stockport v D&R).
Blustery conditions?
Intriguing one this....interested to find out
Common denominator is N v S but baffling

excessbee wrote:Help me here. Why would a rail incident at Milton Keynes result in the postponement of a match between Dover and Barrow? (also Fylde v Sutton and Stockport v D&R).
Not sure, but I believe the main rail line from north/east to London area and beyond to Kent runs through MK. Seems a spurious reason though.

Well it won't be because of any consideration for the fans, that's for sure. If it's teams travelling long distances on the day rather than overnight then they may get sanctioned, or maybe have to cover expenses for the home team. Referees surely aren't travelling the length of the country for a match.

Corpaboy wrote:
excessbee wrote:Seems to be a 'rail incident', but surely Dover travelling to Barrow would have travelled overnight. They would have to start off at the crack of dawn to get there today.
Hmmmmmmm ..... Dawn's crack .....
Behave yourself...or you'll need an extra kitchen roll

The West Coast main line goes through MK - there's a non-stop leg from Euston to Warrington which only takes 2 hours from London to the North-East and even adding in the Kent and Lancashire/Cumbria bits the whole thing should only take 5½ hours - they could leave at 7am and be there in plenty of time if they didn't want to spend money on hotels.