Re: We're Doomed!!!

Percy plunkett wrote:I did predict that Flynny had no interest in going to Lincoln unless they offered an incredible deal.His main objective was to persuade the board to give him another pay rise.Mission accomplished,10% rise probably on top of £2250 a week,no wonder he is smiling on the photo.
And he deserves every penny in my opinion.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Seems very brave or foolish to predict we can win promotion this year so early into the season.
*Can* isn't *will*. Everyone still *can* at this stage, including the bottom club (though it isn't very likely)... Ruling it out would be the only questionable approach.

SJG99 wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Seems very brave or foolish to predict we can win promotion this year so early into the season.
*Can* isn't *will*. Everyone still *can* at this stage, including the bottom club (though it isn't very likely)... Ruling it out would be the only questionable approach.
Absolutely agree with you. I was just somewhat surprised to hear it being stated so openly by Foxall at this stage of the season.

Just read it and the only direct quotes from GF say hopefully, the we'll seal promotion statements are from the Argus. Surely we're all hopeful that we can win promotion this season. As for the 10% payrise based on a the figure quoted which I have no idea about the accuracy of, then that equates to roughly 10k a season, so 20k over two seasons. Wow what an achievement by the board to secure the services of MF for 2 seasons for that price with all he's achieved. For me hopefully we'll win promotion this, season.