Re: Grandstand: Scunny side up

Percy plunkett wrote:Surprised by Flynny's comments that he was going to sub Podge at half time.Firstly,he was his normal all over the pitch self so didn't warrant being taken off and secondly,why say it to the press anyway.
To take the piss out of some comments on social media possibly? Football squads are close knit, and stuff like that happens often.

Really happy with the win but the referee spoiled it for me. I just didn’t trust him after booking McNamara early on ( justified ) but failing to do the same to them ( at least 3 times ) afterwards. He lost all credibility , the players were from then on frustrated and if they hadn’t shown some creditable restraint it may well have ended in chaos. All credit for the comeback after the equaliser against a decent side but grateful they didn’t capitalise late on when they could - and maybe should have, equalised. What a miss was that side foot in the six yard box, thank f*ck for that eh?

That must be the shortest grandstand I've seen for a while! However once again think that we are yet to play to our full potential..........Scunthorpe were no mugs full stop, and I doubt we will have a comfortable opponent at Rodney Parade but we are still up there and about without any convincing performances.......COME ON 'U MIGHTY PORT..........

Just the sort of win needed to deliver promotion. As already said, terrible referee and booking McNamara after 75 seconds made a rod for his own back because he then either has to hand them out like confetti or run the game inconsistently.

Not impressed with Scunthorpe apart from their kit. Until we scored they wanted to foul their way to a 0-0 and once they got level they couldn't defend it. Ward who they signed recently looks a liability and should have got a red soon after coming on.

Very surprised they were among the pre-season favourites.