Re: Sainsbury's Saturday

Woah. That's the first I've heard of problems when parking there. Did you notice if anyone else suffered similarly?

And how did you get on? Did you need to get car put on flatbed?

Talking of Sainsbury's, the last time I took a shortcut across the Sainsbury plot I noticed a manhole cover of some description had been removed. It looked pretty dangerous for anyone crossing that way at night.

JonD wrote:Woah. That's the first I've heard of problems when parking there. Did you notice if anyone else suffered similarly?

Talking of Sainsbury's, the last time I took a shortcut across the Sainsbury plot I noticed a manhole cover of some description had been removed. It looked pretty dangerous for anyone crossing that way at night.
Was probably Harps trying to snare UTP.

ref23 wrote:
JonD wrote:Woah. That's the first I've heard of problems when parking there. Did you notice if anyone else suffered similarly?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Very good.

Seriously though some scumbags about.
Kicked in my wing mirror parked outside house great laugh but £150 to replace.
Mrs Nouble has had wing kicked in with one car and boot on her latest both couple of £100 to sort.
Car keyed behind the Odeon for evening game this season also.
Funniest thing I have heard in years was a male diabetic nurse calling to visit my gorgeous grand daughter (type one) in Risca
and as he said his fair well he said.

"Off down to Aleppo for my last call next."

Never a truer word. :roll: :roll:
Great fun the little shits

I had my number plates stolen a few months back. Our street is literally on top of a mountain with very few people around so was quite surprised at the time.

Few weeks later I start getting parking fines through for random hotels in the early hours of the morning. I'm thinking some bloke in the vicinity is knocking some bird off behind his wife's back and wants someone else to take the blame!

ref23 wrote:I had my number plates stolen a few months back. Our street is literally on top of a mountain with very few people around so was quite surprised at the time.

Few weeks later I start getting parking fines through for random hotels in the early hours of the morning. I'm thinking some bloke in the vicinity is knocking some bird off behind his wife's back and wants someone else to take the blame!
We believe you shagger.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
ref23 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Very good.

Seriously though some scumbags about.
Kicked in my wing mirror parked outside house great laugh but £150 to replace.
Mrs Nouble has had wing kicked in with one car and boot on her latest both couple of £100 to sort.
Car keyed behind the Odeon for evening game this season also.
Funniest thing I have heard in years was a male diabetic nurse calling to visit my gorgeous grand daughter (type one) in Risca
and as he said his fair well he said.

"Off down to Aleppo for my last call next."

Never a truer word. :roll: :roll:
Great fun the little shits

I’d check where ‘Daftas’ was when these things happened to your car.... :wink: :lol:

Caerleon Exile wrote:
ref23 wrote:I had my number plates stolen a few months back. Our street is literally on top of a mountain with very few people around so was quite surprised at the time.

We believe you shagger.
Listen you, the theft story has checked out and that's the end of it, ORI?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot beat a bit of good humour.

Back to reality though
Watching long lost family, amazing how they can find these poor conscripts from 100 years ago.
Been researching some local history of late. During WW1 the vast majority of a total of 1,472 Newport men and 4 Newport women who lost their lives perished at the Battle of Ypres on 8 May 1915. That day 1,371 Newport men died.

faerun exile wrote:

Back to reality though
Watching long lost family, amazing how they can find these poor conscripts from 100 years ago.
Been researching some local history of late. During WW1 the vast majority of a total of 1,472 Newport men and 4 Newport women who lost their lives perished at the Battle of Ypres on 8 May 1915. That day 1,371 Newport men died.
That sounds way too high to me, shouldn't that be casualties rather than dead?

whoareya wrote:
faerun exile wrote:

Back to reality though
That sounds way too high to me, shouldn't that be casualties rather than dead?
Still over half a million soldiers under Flanders fields never been found.