Re: Hatswell

How many games has he been "missing", and what percentage of available EFL points have we collected in his absence, and how does that compare to the percentage of available points collected over the same number of games prior to his going "missing"?....
Only when we know the answer to that, can we know just how much his absence is affecting us, if at all.

Wish him well, whatever the problem is but it is a fact that he takes training and any innovative ideas
mainly come from him.

Plain daft in my opinion to think Flynny is not missing him and our game plans are being affected.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Wish him well, whatever the problem is but it is a fact that he takes training and any innovative ideas
mainly come from him.

Plain daft in my opinion to think Flynny is not missing him and our game plans are being affected.
Whether we're playing any better or worse without him, would need to be demonstrated in numbers as highlighted above. I do not have those numbers without knowing when he was last considered 'present' for an EFL game.
Often, a person's perception is not born out by fact. I'm not saying we aren't missing him, but it does need to be demonstrated in my view.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Wish him well, whatever the problem is but it is a fact that he takes training and any innovative ideas
mainly come from him.

Whether we're playing any better or worse without him, would need to be demonstrated in numbers as highlighted above. I do not have those numbers without knowing when he was last considered 'present' for an EFL game.
Often, a person's perception is not born out by fact. I'm not saying we aren't missing him, but it does need to be demonstrated in my view.
Only commenting as a general proposition. In the mid 1970's Derby County accepted Brian Clough's resignation. The following season Derby were League Champions. My view was that Dave MacKay notwithstanding his many qualities was, though manager, not the man responsible for Derby's triumph.

Hopefully Wayne is soon back in situ' and the question of how much he is missed becomes academic. However how much he is missed will not be seen in a few weeks. If he is missed the evidence of how much will be a gradual process.

newgroundrodney wrote:
mainly come from him.

With respect its not just a matter of figures, facts and graphs.

You can draw 1-1 and be awful.
You can draw 1-1 and be superb but unlucky.

Figures show the same for both but totally different scenarios.

Lads can play well and attract a few extra on the gate next time, play badly with the same result and the opposite happens.

Sorry but I do know Wayne makes a big difference to our side on a match day.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
mainly come from him.

With respect its not just a matter of figures, facts and graphs.

You can draw 1-1 and be awful.
You can draw 1-1 and be superb but unlucky.

Figures show the same for both but totally different scenarios.

Lads can play well and attract a few extra on the gate next time, play badly with the same result and the opposite happens.

Sorry but I do know Wayne makes a big difference to our side on a match day.
Morning mate,

You are correct of course that we can draw and be awful and draw and be superb/unlucky. You are also probably correct that Hats makes a big difference to the side on match day. He probably wouldn't be here if he didn't make a difference.

However, when the league table dictates positions at the end of the season, it does not take into account the teams performance at all. You get no points for that. It is all dependant upon results.

That is what makes footy so fascinating. Stats, logic and tables on one side. Performance, tactics and effort on the other. I would rather see a crap game and a win than a brilliant game and a draw. County v Carlisle recently is a perfect example. I know which one I prefer. Results are everything. Be great to see Hats back though and hope he is OK.

I'm currently on long term sickness absence from work, and may or may not ever return... Now, whether I'm missed due to my sense of humour, fun, politeness, work ethic etc, is neither here nor there. But to say my absence makes the place less productive would need to be demonstrated with facts: What percentage of inbound parcels were correctly distributed in the 6 weeks prior to my absence, compared to that after my absence?....whether they miss ME is another matter, it's what affect my absence has that counts. You need the numbers to ascertain that. My guess is that my absence makes the place very slightly less productive due to the way I work.
Now, if anyone HAS the numbers to demonstrate that Hatswell's absence has or has NOT affected results, I should like to see them. His personality, his changing room presence, I'm not interested in, just results.

newgroundrodney wrote:I'm currently on long term sickness absence from work, and may or may not ever return... Now, whether I'm missed due to my sense of humour, fun, politeness, work ethic etc, is neither here nor there. But to say my absence makes the place less productive would need to be demonstrated with facts: What percentage of inbound parcels were correctly distributed in the 6 weeks prior to my absence, compared to that after my absence?....whether they miss ME is another matter, it's what affect my absence has that counts. You need the numbers to ascertain that. My guess is that my absence makes the place very slightly less productive due to the way I work.
Now, if anyone HAS the numbers to demonstrate that Hatswell's absence has or has NOT affected results, I should like to see them. His personality, his changing room presence, I'm not interested in, just results.
Wishing you all the best but I doubt anybody apart from your good self would have the figures.
Assume you need the first match he was not present at until whenever he returns.

Kind regards

George Street-Bridge wrote:Can't we just respect his privacy, whatever it's about, and then welcome him back?
I think every body is.
Of course we will welcome him back.
Again I know if he read this thread he would be very pleased to know his presence is being missed.
Therefore I totally disagree that we should not discuss his absence for whatever reason that is.
Nobody is prying at all.

newgroundrodney wrote:I'm currently on long term sickness absence from work, and may or may not ever return... Now, whether I'm missed due to my sense of humour, fun, politeness, work ethic etc, is neither here nor there. But to say my absence makes the place less productive would need to be demonstrated with facts: What percentage of inbound parcels were correctly distributed in the 6 weeks prior to my absence, compared to that after my absence?....whether they miss ME is another matter, it's what affect my absence has that counts. You need the numbers to ascertain that. My guess is that my absence makes the place very slightly less productive due to the way I work.

Overly simplistic to use data like that. We have a better squad this year than last for starters. Data is a starting point and proves nothing, it only suggests avenues to explore.

Hope he's back soon.