Mike Flynn's managerial record after 119 EFL games.

Here's the latest update:

PLAYED...............................119
WON......................................50
DRAWN.................................34
LOST.....................................35
FOR.....................................145
AGAINST.............................144
G.DIFF..................................(+1)
POINTS...............................184

Points per game = 1.5462 x 46 = 71 pts for a full season (equates to 7th place based on last season's table)

Percentage of available
points collected....................184 from a possible 357 = 51.54%

Win percentage = 42.01%

Highest winning margin................................4 goals
Highest margin of defeat..............................6 goals
Home wins...................................................32
Away wins....................................................18
Home draws.................................................20
Away draws..................................................14
Goalless draws.............................................11
Score draws..................................................23
Home defeats..................................................8
Away defeats.................................................27
Home clean sheets........................................25
Away clean sheets.........................................15
Home games we've failed to score................10
Away games we've failed to score.................18
Longest winning run........................................4
Longest losing run...........................................3 games on 2 occasions
Longest run of draws.......................................3 games on 2 occasions
Back-to-back wins..........................................11 occasions
Three wins on the bounce...............................4 occasions
Four wins on the bounce.................................1 occasion
Longest run of unbeaten games....................17
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................
Based on all teams' form so far, we're on track to finish 6th on 83 pts, 9 pts short of the title, 4 pts short of automatic promotion.

As always, thanks for reading,
NGR

Re: Mike Flynn's managerial record after 119 EFL games.

SJG99 wrote:And very nice it is too. About time we dropped the Great Escape results from impacting on the rolling points total and likelihood of getting promotion this season isn't it? Even 2017/18 is pretty irrelevant now.
I can understand why you say that, but actually the point being missed is that under Mike Flynn, this football club over a few seasons (or part seasons) is riding a wave of stability which is probably the most stable we've been for years.....and actually Mike Flynn's own managerial record is also holding stable: around match No.74, the gaffers projected number of points for a full season was 71....exactly what it is now. No better, no worse, just totally stable.
And let's remember, the SUBJECT of the thread is Mike Flynn's managerial record for EFL games, so every game we've played under him should count, even though it's over a number of seasons, with many different players.
As it stands currently, our form so far this season is something like 17% better than Mike Flynn's own overall form, so for me, all results need to be included, and none are irrelevant, but I do understand why people might think they are.

Re: Mike Flynn's managerial record after 119 EFL games.

flat4 wrote:42% win ratio is not what any club looking for if he has aspirations of managing at league 1 or above, so long as we stay within our means he could be here for some time yet.
I often wonder how well his record compares to others. I know he has one or two areas that I personally would like to see improve, like drawing more games than we lose (very close to achieving that one actually).... I'd like to see more clean sheets away, perhaps 50/50 split .....but I do wonder how favourably Flynny's record compares.