Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

The buck stops with Flynny,why play Robbie RWB with Macnamara available.In the second half,he headed one cross straight back across our box then kicked another one back into our box.It took Flynny over an hour to notice that he can't defend.Why start with Maloney who will be going back to Charlton at Christmas.He changed it in the end but,it should never have happened.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Truly awful performance today.
No midfield
No attack

Mid table mediocrity if we are lucky.

King 6
Haynes 6 Not his best
Inniss 7 Rock
OB 6 Battled
Wilmott 3 Awful today
Dolan 3 Hopeless
Mahoney 3 Was he on the pitch.
Sheehan 6 Battled on his own
Matt 5 Powderpuff
Amond 5 Likewise
Bennett 9 One ray of light, total class.

Flynny you need to get a grip, terrible starting line up

Whitely 5 Tried
Abrahams 3 Shocking Pen
McNamarra 5 Far better at right back than Wilmott.
Innis rock??? He was a 6 at the very most, one decent tackle and then he miskicked a few times and didn't look up for it at times.

Bennett was the best of a bad bunch but only a 7 for me.
Opinions

Anyway we were woeful from the manager down today.

Abrahams missed penalty summed it up.
He didn't miss it was saved

Let’s be honest shall we?
a) sh!t selection
b) sh!t performance
c) sh!t finishing
d) sh!t defending
Do you want me to enlarge ? No, I thought not, but I will anyway :grin:
I looked at the tea sheet and was dismayed, what was the lineup? Wilmott as the right-sided defender? Really? You’re having a laugh? Sadly no , you’re not. We’re f*cked
b) why after equalising just before ht were we on the backfoot? Difficult to understand
c) what on Earth were we up to in front of goal? Amond no confidence , he received a perfect cross and nodded it right when he was nearer the right post. What happened to coaching? When I was a child I was taught to 1) head it the way the ball came from , and 2) say “ thank you “ by heading it down. That effort was dreadful, shouldn’t be in the side if his confidence is that low, which brings me to the penalty. Why is Amond sacked from penalty-taking? He missed one, ok, is that enough to relieve him of his duties? The penalty that was taken today would have been alright if we were 3-0 up but you don’t try to slot it down the middle when you’re losing.
d) ah! The defence! What the f*ck has happened to our “ mean “ defence? Well, we didn’t have a right back ( it’s a bit decadent to play without one ). As for the back line, Innis and Haynes were apparently out of gas in the last quarter and unable to make the requisite interceptions and overlaps so do we have a fitness problem, or are we playing the wrong formation?
I’m going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and say this, we’re far from a good team playing the way we are and are mid table at best.

lowandhard wrote:Let’s be honest shall we?
a) sh!t selection
b) sh!t performance
c) sh!t finishing
d) sh!t defending
Do you want me to enlarge ? No, I thought not, but I will anyway :grin:
I looked at the tea sheet and was dismayed, what was the lineup? Wilmott as the right-sided defender? Really? You’re having a laugh? Sadly no , you’re not. We’re f*cked
b) why after equalising just before ht were we on the backfoot? Difficult to understand
c) what on Earth were we up to in front of goal? Amond no confidence , he received a perfect cross and nodded it right when he was nearer the right post. What happened to coaching? When I was a child I was taught to 1) head it the way the ball came from , and 2) say “ thank you “ by heading it down. That effort was dreadful, shouldn’t be in the side if his confidence is that low, which brings me to the penalty. Why is Amond sacked from penalty-taking? He missed one, ok, is that enough to relieve him of his duties? The penalty that was taken today would have been alright if we were 3-0 up but you don’t try to slot it down the middle when you’re losing.
d) ah! The defence! What the f*ck has happened to our “ mean “ defence? Well, we didn’t have a right back ( it’s a bit decadent to play without one ). As for the back line, Innis and Haynes were apparently out of gas in the last quarter and unable to make the requisite interceptions and overlaps so do we have a fitness problem, or are we playing the wrong formation?
I’m going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and say this, we’re far from a good team playing the way we are and are mid table at best.
Totally agree.Poor in all departments.No width.Midfield totally inept,Poor team selection from Flynny.

Bad result today, but we can’t expect every game to go our way. I find it sad how there are always extremely negative comments on certain players after a match hasn’t gone our way. I also think some of us are getting too carried away with the result from today. We need to try to stay positive, although it is frustrating when games are lost. On to Grimsby next weekend, the start of another FA Cup journey. In Flynny We Trust...

Up the county.

Ctid2019 wrote:Bad result today, but we can’t expect every game to go our way. I find it sad how there are always extremely negative comments on certain players after a match hasn’t gone our way. I also think some of us are getting too carried away with the result from today. We need to try to stay positive, although it is frustrating when games are lost. On to Grimsby next weekend, the start of another FA Cup journey. In Flynny We Trust...

Up the county.
Thank you for a realistic post we all should be grateful for a team that is top end of the league.

We weren't great today but neither were Salford. We hit the post late on plus missed the penalty. We still could have won the game but it wasn't our day. Corey Whiteley looks good to me and changes the game when he comes on. Salford lumped the ball forward on several occasions and time wasted far too much. Our penalty was fortunate as the foul looked outside the box to me. One point from nine but still close to the top of the table point wise. If that's our bad patch out of the way then we are doing fine. First defeat at home in a long time so it was overdue. Good to see our players still applaud the fans at the end although Flynny just walked off not looking happy. I think Sheehan is suspended now due to an lucky booking. Was it just me or were the majority of the 148 Salford fans not quite right upstairs ?