Inniss 7 Rock
OB 6 Battled
Wilmott 3 Awful today
Dolan 3 Hopeless
Mahoney 3 Was he on the pitch.
Sheehan 6 Battled on his own
Matt 5 Powderpuff
Amond 5 Likewise
Bennett 9 One ray of light, total class.

Flynny you need to get a grip, terrible starting line up

Whitely 5 Tried
Abrahams 3 Shocking Pen
McNamarra 5 Far better at right back than Wilmott.

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

penycwm county wrote:
countymadbel wrote:One shot on target at home again simply not good enough sort it out Mike
In fairness he did say in "The Gus" this week that was looking for a striker

He has signed Poleon....He hasn't featured much?
Collins could get a chance ?
He said Azzez wont be long in returning..

How many options does he want ????

The problem we have is creativity.........or lack of it from midfield , not the strikers.

Strikers at our level will find it hard to score many with so little opportunities.
Wilmott is ok as a winger and loved by many on here , how many times does he get to the goal line and get a cross in for Matt to attack in the area ?
He hasnt given the strikers a run of games to build up a partnership IMO , he swaps them around too much.

IMO MF plays 'his team' rather than pick a side to play the opposition. A side that works against some sides wont get the better of other teams but he sticks to his first choice starters far too often.
Take today as an example.. I believe pace would have caused Salford more problems than having Matt and Amond , hence I was surprised that Abrahams didnt start

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Truly awful performance today.
No midfield
No attack

Mid table mediocrity if we are lucky.

King 6
Haynes 6 Not his best
Inniss 7 Rock
OB 6 Battled
Wilmott 3 Awful today
Dolan 3 Hopeless
Matt 5 Powderpuff
Amond 5 Likewise

Whitely 5 Tried
Abrahams 3 Shocking Pen
Innis rock??? He was a 6 at the very most, one decent tackle and then he miskicked a few times and didn't look up for it at times.

Bennett was the best of a bad bunch but only a 7 for me.

neilcork68 wrote:
penycwm county wrote:
countymadbel wrote:One shot on target at home again simply not good enough sort it out Mike
In fairness he did say in "The Gus" this week that was looking for a striker

He has signed Poleon....He hasn't featured much?
Collins could get a chance ?
He said Azzez wont be long in returning..

How many options does he want ????

The problem we have is creativity.........or lack of it from midfield , not the strikers.

Strikers at our level will find it hard to score many with so little opportunities.
Wilmott is ok as a winger and loved by many on here , how many times does he get to the goal line and get a cross in for Matt to attack in the area ?
He hasnt given the strikers a run of games to build up a partnership IMO , he swaps them around too much.

IMO MF plays 'his team' rather than pick a side to play the opposition. A side that works against some sides wont get the better of other teams but he sticks to his first choice starters far too often.
Take today as an example.. I believe pace would have caused Salford more problems than having Matt and Amond , hence I was surprised that Abrahams didnt start
I think the conditions were against pace.

Terrible second half. Salford adjusted their tactics and dominated the second half. They overloaded Robbie on the right and over-ran the middle. Robbie was clearly struggling with a virus or something but Flynn left him on the pitch for ages. I saw him throw up at least three times.

We had a weak midfield in the first half and then Flynn takes two midfielders off and replacing them with a right back and a striker??

Last half hour was us lumping balls into the box, no variety at all. Seems like teams are starting to suss out our one dimensional tactics.

I don't see how bringing in another striker solves our scoring issues. We need more creativity in midfield. Sheehan has been superb but today he spent most of him time closing down and tackling. We need others to do the donkey work and let him play.

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Truly awful performance today.
No midfield
No attack

Mid table mediocrity if we are lucky.

King 6
Haynes 6 Not his best
Inniss 7 Rock
OB 6 Battled
Wilmott 3 Awful today
Dolan 3 Hopeless
Matt 5 Powderpuff
Amond 5 Likewise

Whitely 5 Tried
Abrahams 3 Shocking Pen
Innis rock??? He was a 6 at the very most, one decent tackle and then he miskicked a few times and didn't look up for it at times.

Bennett was the best of a bad bunch but only a 7 for me.
Opinions

Anyway we were woeful from the manager down today.

Abrahams missed penalty summed it up.

I think if the penalty had gone in, there's a fair chance we would have won the game. Salford were another mediocre team who have seen us off. It was very clear that we effectively had nine contributing players and two looking completely lost. Without getting replacements, I think we may see a few more similar outcomes.