GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1191

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am

Our cup run could well end at the first hurdle with Josh suspended unless its only league games that count.
If labs is injured which is always a possibility imagine what our midfield will be?
Wonder if Flynny is even interested.
no avatar
User

Ctid2019

Posts

9

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Ctid2019 » November 3rd, 2019, 11:18 am

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Our cup run could well end at the first hurdle with Josh suspended unless its only league games that count.
If labs is injured which is always a possibility imagine what our midfield will be?
Wonder if Flynny is even interested.


Stupid comment. Of course Flynny is interested. If he was never interested how do you think we made it to the 5th round last season and the 4th the season before??? He always says how the league is the main priority and the “bread and butter”, but he’s also always said how important the FA Cup is to us.

Don’t see the reason to be negative and extremely critical just because we had a poor game yesterday.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1191

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 3rd, 2019, 12:22 pm

Ctid2019 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Our cup run could well end at the first hurdle with Josh suspended unless its only league games that count.
If labs is injured which is always a possibility imagine what our midfield will be?
Wonder if Flynny is even interested.


Stupid comment. Of course Flynny is interested. If he was never interested how do you think we made it to the 5th round last season and the 4th the season before??? He always says how the league is the main priority and the “bread and butter”, but he’s also always said how important the FA Cup is to us.

Don’t see the reason to be negative and extremely critical just because we had a poor game yesterday.

No its not

ps Welcome to the forum whoever you are :wink:
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

2857

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Percy plunkett » November 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm

Flynny is now blaming the players in public for his mistakes,that shouldn't happen.Inniss and Dolan are blamed for the goals,Podge for missing a chance and Tristan for missing a penalty.We will struggle to get anyone to take a penalty if they get slagged off for missing one.I don't need a coaching badge to know where Dolan's strength is,passing and dead balls.He rarely heads a ball in open play so,why would he win a heading dual with a physical 6ft guy from a free kick.
User avatar
User

gazza

Posts

160

Location

Swindonia

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby gazza » November 3rd, 2019, 1:48 pm

Tbh Flynn’s comments were spot on.
Looked seriously pissed off walking and rightly so.

In other news the cast of Shameless are back - they just follow Salford around on the weekend now.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5776

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby mad norm » November 3rd, 2019, 2:06 pm

Just watched highlights ...Poorly taken penalty to be polite
no avatar
User

Ctid2019

Posts

9

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Ctid2019 » November 3rd, 2019, 2:19 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Ctid2019 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Our cup run could well end at the first hurdle with Josh suspended unless its only league games that count.
If labs is injured which is always a possibility imagine what our midfield will be?
Wonder if Flynny is even interested.


Stupid comment. Of course Flynny is interested. If he was never interested how do you think we made it to the 5th round last season and the 4th the season before??? He always says how the league is the main priority and the “bread and butter”, but he’s also always said how important the FA Cup is to us.

Don’t see the reason to be negative and extremely critical just because we had a poor game yesterday.

No its not

ps Welcome to the forum whoever you are :wink:


Thanks :grin: ... respect your opinion fully.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1191

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 3rd, 2019, 2:31 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Flynny is now blaming the players in public for his mistakes,that shouldn't happen.Inniss and Dolan are blamed for the goals,Podge for missing a chance and Tristan for missing a penalty.We will struggle to get anyone to take a penalty if they get slagged off for missing one.I don't need a coaching badge to know where Dolan's strength is,passing and dead balls.He rarely heads a ball in open play so,why would he win a heading dual with a physical 6ft guy from a free kick.

Percy can see where you are coming from but Flynny has always been like that. Its nothing new remember him couple of years back going nuts with Mickey as the team came off at FGR in front of all of us due to getting 3 points with a pen miss.
Ridiculous to blame Dolan for the goal as well, saying that he was truly awful yesterday.
Podge is not the same player, as that header a year ago would be in the back of the net.
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

18894

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 3rd, 2019, 5:09 pm

I like to see a manager have a go at his players shows his heart

It was a bad day at the office shite happens
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Posts

2857

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Percy plunkett » November 3rd, 2019, 6:46 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:I like to see a manager have a go at his players shows his heart

It was a bad day at the office shite happens

Yes it does but,two weeks running and it's always the players fault.When we win,he swans down the touchline with his son on his shoulders,smiling,milking the plaudits.Nothing to do with his team selections or tactics according to him,blame the players.Yesterday,he walked with his head down halfway up the pitch.
no avatar
User

Bristolexile

Posts

238

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Bristolexile » November 3rd, 2019, 7:11 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I like to see a manager have a go at his players shows his heart

It was a bad day at the office shite happens

Yes it does but,two weeks running and it's always the players fault.When we win,he swans down the touchline with his son on his shoulders,smiling,milking the plaudits.Nothing to do with his team selections or tactics according to him,blame the players.Yesterday,he walked with his head down halfway up the pitch.


He also shouted at a supporter in the Hazel, who told him to get Wilmott off as he was being sick on the pitch. Flynn's word's were "shut up you F00KING idiot". Surly as a manager he should rise above the shout's from the crowd. I know he was frustrated, as was the crowd, but really.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Posts

1191

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 3rd, 2019, 10:09 pm

Its not good is it.

He got it wrong yesterday for sure.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5776

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby mad norm » November 3rd, 2019, 10:20 pm

Totally irresponsible leaving a player on the pitch vomiting........ Is Flynn a qualified Doctor?
From what I read of late he's struggling with the job
no avatar
User

mike wilks

Posts

654

Location

Bishop's Cleeve

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby mike wilks » November 3rd, 2019, 10:49 pm

TBH, first half I felt that Salford, looked the worst team to have visited Rodney Parade thus far but due to our ineptitude second half their confidence grew, and they took control of the game!
Possibly the worst performance of the season on our part in what has been poor fayre to date......I genuinely hope we can reverse the trend, or our crowds will diminish all too soon.... Reinforcements required sooner rather than later, because we look to be carrying far to many passengers, and I fear two consecutive negative results at Grimsby could have a big impact on our season!
Here's hoping.......
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8780

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: GRANDSTAND: SALFORD

Postby lowandhard » November 4th, 2019, 12:15 am

mike wilks wrote:TBH, first half I felt that Salford, looked the worst team to have visited Rodney Parade thus far but due to our ineptitude second half their confidence grew, and they took control of the game!
Possibly the worst performance of the season on our part in what has been poor fayre to date......I genuinely hope we can reverse the trend, or our crowds will diminish all too soon.... Reinforcements required sooner rather than later, because we look to be carrying far to many passengers, and I fear two consecutive negative results at Grimsby could have a big impact on our season!
Here's hoping.......


Agreed, very poor indeed as I remarked in my usual ott way earlier :grin: I was incredulous when I saw the team sheet and a number of people I talked to will bear me out. It took all of 10 seconds to work out that selection was a dogs breakfast. Just when attendances were beginning to improve this year , we always manage to f*ck it up!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goddard & woods, mike wilks, Mr Figo and 32 guests

Powered by phpBB ®