Re: Team selection

It's difficult to choose a side when you are not privy to information on any injury issues and which loan players are allowed to participate. I'd like to see a couple of changes - Townsend for King (cup keeper and needs a run-out) and Whitely for Willmott who was poor last week. I suspect McNamara might be one of the loanees not allowed to play which could give Jefferies a bench spot.

wattsville_boy wrote:It's difficult to choose a side when you are not privy to information on any injury issues and which loan players are allowed to participate. I'd like to see a couple of changes - Townsend for King (cup keeper and needs a run-out) and Whitely for Willmott who was poor last week. I suspect McNamara might be one of the loanees not allowed to play which could give Jefferies a bench spot.
Maybe the fact that he threw up a couple of times was the cause.
When does Robbie let us down in the cup.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:It's difficult to choose a side when you are not privy to information on any injury issues and which loan players are allowed to participate. I'd like to see a couple of changes - Townsend for King (cup keeper and needs a run-out) and Whitely for Willmott who was poor last week. I suspect McNamara might be one of the loanees not allowed to play which could give Jefferies a bench spot.
Maybe the fact that he threw up a couple of times was the cause.
When does Robbie let us down in the cup.
I did notice that he didn't look well. It wasn't a pop at Willmott (although I am not his biggest fan), I was merely pointing out Robbie didn't impress me last week and Whitely did. If you want a squad competing for places then surely a poor performance for one should be an opportunity for another. Past performances in don't come into it - it's only current performances that count...

Whilst I agree the side has not been at its best I do wonder where the wisdom of playing untried players comes from - unless you see them train how can you tell if the players not in the team are better than those in it, it is these judgements that Flynn and his team are paid to make. Poleon must be a waste of a contract if he cannot get a start or game time given our current form in front of goal.