Re: Macclesfield

Only sensible decision really. On their forum, some are jumping on the back of the EFL and blaming them for it getting this far. No win situation. To my mind it's HMRC who have prevaricated. Repeatedly adjourning the winding up order let them off the hook. After three or four times you would think they would work out that no money was forthcoming. Let's hope it doesn't drag on for another three months like the Bury fiasco.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:How many more clubs need to go to the wall before there is a general recognition that boards of directors have to act together to stand up to the ludicrous pay demands of players agents?
??? Macclesfield were at the bottom of the table of fees paid to agents, at just £1,000. This relates to Feb 2018 - January 2019. I doubt they have shot up to the top of the table in the last twelve months. That's not the cause of their current financial difficulty.

excessbee wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:How many more clubs need to go to the wall before there is a general recognition that boards of directors have to act together to stand up to the ludicrous pay demands of players agents?
??? Macclesfield were at the bottom of the table of fees paid to agents, at just £1,000. This relates to Feb 2018 - January 2019. I doubt they have shot up to the top of the table in the last twelve months. That's not the cause of their current financial difficulty.
Wages of players in the lower leagues are ridiculously high. You can bet your bottom dollar that even if the clubs don't pay the agents directly the agents receive a wedge from the players, who are paid by the club.
So the clubs pay the agents no matter that it doesn't show in the 'official' figures.

It is getting ridiculous now. This morning it is reported that the owner is in 'advanced negotiations with various third parties' about a sale. Unfortunately, they have been at that stage before - last month. The sale failed then. The owner seems to be unwilling to sell. Anyone know why? To me it looks like he wants the club to go broke and then sell on the land for profit. How did he ever meet the 'fit and proper person' EFL rules for an owner? Again, you just have to feel sorry for the fans.

Presumably he had the funds and provided them at the time. He's been there for 15? years, maybe more. The impression I get is that communications with him have broken down and he is rarely seen. This seems more like the Orient situation than Bury, where at least the owner was communicating (mostly nonsense, mind you). I would imagine it's also brinkmanship from the potential buyer, but the club needs to have league status for it to bring in any money.