Re: Grandstand: GRIMSBY TOWN v NEWPORT COUNTY FA CUP 1st ROU

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Padraig dropped.
Why have Mahoney on the bench give Jefferies his place.
Labs and Josh playing so you never know.
Because in the professional opinion of a management team who have guided us for a few years now Mahoney is a better choice. I know you love the young players but I think they are just not good enough and yes it would be great if they were but they are not.

County ranger wrote:
Because in the professional opinion of a management team who have guided us for a few years now Mahoney is a better choice. I know you love the young players but I think they are just not good enough and yes it would be great if they were but they are not.
Sorry but you let your argument down big style by stating Mahoney "is a better choice"
He had a chance to shine against West Ham Kids and was woeful then another chance last Saturday and again rubbish.
Sorry but you are incorrect.

Personally I thought Maloney played quite well in the first half v Salford last week. He tired and was correctly substituted in the second half but considering he's had virtually nil football since coming here that is expected.

But equally I wouldn't mind seeing Jefferies given a run out either...

County ranger wrote:
Not much chance of any of our youth players developing if they never get the opportunity to play at a higher standard, play at the higher tempo, develop the techniques and learn the decision making that's needed to succeed. I'd say the lack of opportunities for youth players is probably Flynn's biggest weakness. We need to build a pathway to the first team for our developing players, cost of bringing through youth is usually offset in wage savings and the odd transfer.