Re: Do we need new Strikers?

Matt needs to be utilised better - he's largely sandwiched by defenders and midfielders during games or chasing lost causes when we launch it in to the channels. He's hasn't got the speed or endurance required for a pressing game. Podge does have but, to me, he looks like he has lost a yard of pace since last season, being over thirty that is expected. Again, the jury's out on Abrahams. To me Flynny may as well utilise Lewis Collins for the last 20-30 minutes of a game. The tactics revolving around Matt and Amond have been found out so Flynny has to either change how he uses both of them, maybe go to one striker with a change of tactic or give others a chance such as Collins.

I think most managers will claim 'you can never have too many strikers' and they always want someone who can offer something a bit different, be a Plan B, C etc.
There's no disputing that, last season, our front two were better than any other club's front pairing at this level.
So what's changed this year? As said above, Podge particularly is being asked to sit deep and defend where he can, and Jamma is left competing for high balls with no-one to flick it onto.
There's a lad in the National League who has scored for fun last season and is currently top scorer this year - Jamie Reid at Torquay. He'll go for £100K in the January transfer window, because he has that knack of being right place right time. I hope we've watched him and are considering a trial/bid seeing as were fairly local for him.

lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:No match report in the ‘gus so does anyone know if Poleon got a game ? he obviously didn’t score.

Played the full 90
Any opinion on performance?
Looked average,gave the ball away a few times and a poor effort on goal first half.A better shot in the second,did pressure the keeper into the mistake for first goal.Overall not impressed.

Percy plunkett wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
lowandhard wrote:No match report in the ‘gus so does anyone know if Poleon got a game ? he obviously didn’t score.

Played the full 90
Any opinion on performance?
Looked average,gave the ball away a few times and a poor effort on goal first half.A better shot in the second,did pressure the keeper into the mistake for first goal.Overall not impressed.
Only based on watching most of the game on ifollow, would concur with that. Collins and Whitely impressed more. Both looked hungry and wanting to impress.