Re: Ball number 26

G Guest wrote:This tie looks like a real banana skin. Maldon have won all 8 of their league games this season, scoring 25 goals and conceding only 4. Their win over Leyton O confirms their pedigree I think.
I know what you mean. But they are still on step-4/level 8 and if we put out our best team we should be 2/3 goals better than them. Of course if we have an off day then we are inviting problems as they will be up for it.

Attended a game there 2 seasons back - crowd was around 90, small friendly bar. About a mile from the high street where there are a few decent pubs. Not the easiest place to get to via public transport...

rgds Dave

Re: Ball number 26

excessbee wrote:As has been suggested, Macnamara is probably cup-tied (by Millwall) so on Tuesday we would not have three players (who may have played) away on international duty. As questioned above, is that an EFL ruling or is it across other competitions?
On what basis would he be cup-tied? Hasn't played a cup game for any club bar us this season, was playing in the Carabao if I remember rightly.

edit: I can only find -
15(j)(i): A player on a domestic temporary (loan) transfer (including a player on loan either to
or from a Welsh Club that competes in the Competition in the current season) is
ineligible to compete in the Challenge Cup Competition unless permission to do so is
given by the lending Club in writing (which, for the avoidance of doubt, can
include appropriate wording and/or the completion of tick boxes in any loan
form) and a copy is received by The Association by the Registration Deadline for that
round.

Why wouldn't Millwall want him to play in the Cup? Unless they fancy recalling him or something I suppose.