Re: Wales Under 19s

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
halfmoon wrote:For all the fuss about the number of games played on that pitch, our landlords don’t half like to rent it out for extra use. Do they need the cash?
Don’t blame em !

Whilst echoing this sentiment, I wouldn't of thought there was much cash to be made from hosting such matches. If the Dragons/WRU are in such need of cash it would add weight to the argument that they cannot afford not to extend County's tenancy.

However, the condition of the pitch is of concern to me. The standard of pitch required for rugby games is obviously not as great as that for professional football, therefore will not be as big a consideration to the Dragons. If I'm counting correctly, by the time the County's match with Grimsby is over there would of been 5 games played on the pitch in a week; during a very wet period, when temperatures are so low as grass growth will be at a minimum/non-existent. Surely. the pitch will start to show signs of deterioration after that, and with such a long time left in the season. Well done to the groundstaff for maintaining it to a decent standard to date.