lineup for Friday

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

The Ironsiders

lineup for Friday

Postby The Ironsiders » November 27th, 2019, 9:21 pm

hi guys, what lineup would you choose for Friday’s game? i would choose:

King

McNamara
O’Brien
Howkins
Haynes

Willmott (if fit)*
Labadie
Sheehan
Nurse

Amond
Poleon

*if not fit, would try Tristan out wide as he’s fairly nippy
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Re: lineup for Friday

Postby rncfc » November 27th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Abrahams would start every game if I was calling the shots. I don't think it particularly matters what position he plays, he's dangerous on the ball.
no avatar
User

The Ironsiders

Postby The Ironsiders » November 27th, 2019, 10:02 pm

rncfc wrote:Abrahams would start every game if I was calling the shots. I don't think it particularly matters what position he plays, he's dangerous on the ball.

completely agree mate. he’s a top player at this level. who would you choose to play alongside him in attack?
User

Trev

Postby Trev » November 27th, 2019, 10:05 pm

Agree re abrahams but as long as hes up fromt not in midfield
King
Mcnamara howkins/innis obrien haynes
Sheehan wilmot labadie
Abrahams and amond

On proviso ball actually played to their feet or for them to run on to
no avatar
User

Blackandamber

Cwmbran

Postby Blackandamber » November 27th, 2019, 10:14 pm

The Ironsiders wrote:hi guys, what lineup would you choose for Friday’s game? i would choose:

King

McNamara
O’Brien
Howkins
Haynes

Willmott (if fit)*
Labadie
Sheehan
Nurse

Amond
Poleon

*if not fit, would try Tristan out wide as he’s fairly nippy

McNamara is unlikely to play as his parent club Millwall didn't allow him to play in the 1st round so that he wouldn't become cup tied.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » November 27th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Why do people seem to think that Millwall will change their mind and allow McNamara to play Friday? Have I missed something
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » November 27th, 2019, 10:35 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Why do people seem to think that Millwall will change their mind and allow McNamara to play Friday? Have I missed something

They've changed managers, so that could play a part. Admittedly it's more likely he won't play now than before but just a thought.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » November 27th, 2019, 10:46 pm

rncfc wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Why do people seem to think that Millwall will change their mind and allow McNamara to play Friday? Have I missed something

They've changed managers, so that could play a part. Admittedly it's more likely he won't play now than before but just a thought.

Yeh. good thinking. hadn't thought of that possibility.
no avatar
User

The Ironsiders

Postby The Ironsiders » November 27th, 2019, 11:06 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Yeh. good thinking. hadn't thought of that possibility.

i’d completely forgotten he was ineligible in the last rounds. hopefully they have changed their minds with the new manager coming in. otherwise, it’s between Leadbitter (and as far as i know he isn’t fully fit, but could be wrong), Willmott (again may not be fully fit), and Jeffries. struggling on that right side...Ekpiteta could play as a RB/RWB too but has been loaned out. anyone know how he’s getting on?
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » November 27th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Not sure why the love in with Abraham.He has got pace but,he's not a natural goalscorer and he reminds me of Mccoulsky.He is great as an impact player but not so impressive from the start.Frightening speed but liable to make wrong decisions,unlike Shawn who didn't,he gets silly bookings,Saturday an example.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 27th, 2019, 11:43 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure why the love in with Abraham.He has got pace but,he's not a natural goalscorer and he reminds me of Mccoulsky.He is great as an impact player but not so impressive from the start.Frightening speed but liable to make wrong decisions,unlike Shawn who didn't,he gets silly bookings,Saturday an example.

Spot on Percy.
Hopeless for 90 minutes but just the fella for the last 30/35 minutes.
Leadbitter is out longer than Mickey.
It will be Robbie for sure provided he is 50% fit.
Remember Flynny kept him on despite heaving his guts up more than once against Salford.
no avatar
User

The Ironsiders

Postby The Ironsiders » November 27th, 2019, 11:56 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Not sure why the love in with Abraham.He has got pace but,he's not a natural goalscorer and he reminds me of Mccoulsky.He is great as an impact player but not so impressive from the start.Frightening speed but liable to make wrong decisions,unlike Shawn who didn't,he gets silly bookings,Saturday an example.

Spot on Percy.
Hopeless for 90 minutes but just the fella for the last 30/35 minutes.
Leadbitter is out longer than Mickey.
It will be Robbie for sure provided he is 50% fit.
Remember Flynny kept him on despite heaving his guts up more than once against Salford.

yes remember that. he looked very ill that match, shouldn’t have been in the squad. Jeffries should start at RB imo Friday. ideal match for him to make a good impression. whenever i’ve seen him, he’s been top quality. maybe Collins will come on too...however the youth aren’t used too much usually
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » November 28th, 2019, 11:14 am

It pains me to say this but OB should be dropped on Friday, he's been poor ever since Wembley. Clearances just go anywhere. That would create a natural gap for Bennett in defence, and allow more creative players in midfield, hopefully Sheehan and Wilmott are both back.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » November 28th, 2019, 11:29 am

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:It pains me to say this but OB should be dropped on Friday, he's been poor ever since Wembley. Clearances just go anywhere. That would create a natural gap for Bennett in defence, and allow more creative players in midfield, hopefully Sheehan and Wilmott are both back.

Somewhat controversial. I had him as my MOM Saturday. Don't feel that his standards have dropped as much as the rest of the team, since Wembley. He wins most of the high balls that come his way, and as an out and out stopper is a match for anyone else in the team currently. I except that his distribution is poor and his clearances can go anywhere, within or out of the ground, but that trait is being copied by the rest of the team at the moment, with Sheehan being the notable exception.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » November 28th, 2019, 1:16 pm

O' Brien has never been a very good footballer. What you see with him is what you get.
He gives 100% and is one of the best 'stoppers ' in the league , his distribution will never be 'up there with the best '....For his size he is good in the air and as long as he can compete ( due to his lack of pace ,) not much gets past him ....No way would I ever contemplate him being dropped for a game of this type.

Luckily for us the weather is changing and it looks like it may be dry as I wouldnt fancy playing the game in wet and windy conditions as it looked like it may have been earlier in the week
Next