Re: Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

We are through,another £54k in the bank,a clean sheet and a chance of a big draw on Monday.Losing OB and Howkins spurred them on and we probably would have settled for a replay at that stage but,we managed to grind out a win with Podge actually in the position where he should always be,Flynny please take note.I'm not sure what the National public made of our performance,we were critical of managers accusing us of playing hoofball early in the season,that's what we now do.That has to change.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Job done ! We played okay first half and should have been 2 or 3 up. Less chances 2nd half and Maldon clearly sensed they could sneak the game. They didn't put us under as much pressure as i thought they would and we deserved to win the game.
Townsend played very well as did Sheehan. Podge needs to play up front with Matt. Abrahams is a menace so perhaps he could still fit in but not with Podge in midfield please. A big game for Jefferies but he was poor. Hopefully his time will come. We need to start taking our chances. Great to be in the hat for the 3rd round. Liverpool away please. Wishing a speedy recovery to Kyle Howkins. It looked a 50/50 challenge to me.
FFS the lad was not poor.
He did okay
He is better in midfield anyway.
Pick on useless players like Abrahams (menace) seriously? and Matt.
Matt is hopeless this season

Call it as it is, Jefferies was poor. Yes he’s young and inexperienced but he’s a professional footballer now isn’t he? He’ll need to improve a hell of a lot to get game time in the FL........that said a few of our experienced players need to vastly improve.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:FN3 - Respect your opinions as everyone's is important but have to say I disagree fully with your player assessments and view of the game.

Only 1 team played the ball nicely out of defence, the other hoofed it. Only 1 team had any clever footwork in and around the box, the other team knocked it long to their tall forward who, although he held the ball up well second half, had no-one running off him for the knock-downs.

I won't slate Dom Jefferies because of his age and inexperience but would hope he'll improve markedly on that performance. Dolan and Sheehan were outplayed first half and left too many gaps in the midfield all game (possibly not their fault if we're using wingbacks they'll always be exposed). I'd give Sheehan 7/10 tops, one of our better players.

Giving 8/10 to Podge is undeserved and he's a player who would acknowledge that. Like all good strikers he only needs 1 chance (he had 2, how he didn't bury that early fluffed shot is beyond me), but let's not kid ourselves, he was ineffective otherwise. Matt though worked hard as the game went on and was at least twice as effective as Podge so to give him 3/10 is biased and unwarranted.

We've become too predictable and the only good news is that, with a few injuries, MF will be forced to make changes.
Podge isn’t a midfielder , it’s actually unfair he’s sacrificed in this position. We need him the box with two wingers . Same could be said for Matt

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Job done ! We played okay first half and should have been 2 or 3 up. Less chances 2nd half and Maldon clearly sensed they could sneak the game. They didn't put us under as much pressure as i thought they would and we deserved to win the game.
Townsend played very well as did Sheehan. Podge needs to play up front with Matt. Abrahams is a menace so perhaps he could still fit in but not with Podge in midfield please. A big game for Jefferies but he was poor. Hopefully his time will come. We need to start taking our chances. Great to be in the hat for the 3rd round. Liverpool away please. Wishing a speedy recovery to Kyle Howkins. It looked a 50/50 challenge to me.
He did okay
Not picking on the young lad but in my opinion he was poor. I see Abrahams differently to you but its all about opinions and some of us see a game differently. Also worried about Matt.

faerun exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:FFS get Amond off he has done nothing at all since half time
Even by your standards this post is a cracker. Best of 2019 if you ask me.
Upside of a couple of defeats is always you crawling out of your box and posting sh*te. Hilarious fella. Keep it up.

f he hadnt have scored this board would have been full of many posts saying the same. HINDSIGHT is wonderful you know. Apart from his goal he was awful tonight as well you know...

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:FN3 - Respect your opinions as everyone's is important but have to say I disagree fully with your player assessments and view of the game.

Only 1 team played the ball nicely out of defence, the other hoofed it. Only 1 team had any clever footwork in and around the box, the other team knocked it long to their tall forward who, although he held the ball up well second half, had no-one running off him for the knock-downs.

I won't slate Dom Jefferies because of his age and inexperience but would hope he'll improve markedly on that performance. Dolan and Sheehan were outplayed first half and left too many gaps in the midfield all game (possibly not their fault if we're using wingbacks they'll always be exposed). I'd give Sheehan 7/10 tops, one of our better players.

Giving 8/10 to Podge is undeserved and he's a player who would acknowledge that. Like all good strikers he only needs 1 chance (he had 2, how he didn't bury that early fluffed shot is beyond me), but let's not kid ourselves, he was ineffective otherwise. Matt though worked hard as the game went on and was at least twice as effective as Podge so to give him 3/10 is biased and unwarranted.

We've become too predictable and the only good news is that, with a few injuries, MF will be forced to make changes.
Opinions.

Happy to stick with mine.
Sheehan was immense tonight.
Regarding Podge name me another player who has scored 8 games on the trot in the cup.
That's worth an 8
That's an eight from me..
Matt was hopeless imo as he has been all season.

Striker is it 1 goal so far.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
He did okay

Call it as it is, Jefferies was poor. Yes he’s young and inexperienced but he’s a professional footballer now isn’t he? He’ll need to improve a hell of a lot to get game time in the FL........that said a few of our experienced players need to vastly improve.
Actually,I think he was given a squad number at the start of the season but,he is still a Academy player,I think.

neilcork68 wrote:Frank , Harps or which ever username you post under...You give Sheehan a 9 , Haynes an 8 , Amond an 8 for tonights performance and you want me or any other poster to take your views serious ? # unbelievablejeff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really are the most miserable contributor to this board.
Only coming on to whinge.
Sheehan was immense.
Haynes quality and Podge continued his scoring record in the cup.
We won and are in the third round but you must still slam everybody.
Man up get down to training and have a chat with the lads.
Total clown sunshine. :roll:

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
He did okay

Disagree to a certain extent , he was deployed as a wing back tonight as was Haynes, they are neither. They are more suited to a defensive back four, but he’s young enough to develop.
It’s unfair to judge a youngster on one game.

[
Podge isn’t a midfielder , it’s actually unfair he’s sacrificed in this position. We need him the box with two wingers . Same could be said for Matt[/quote]

I don't believe Podge was playing in midfield tonight, and certainly didn't drop as deep as he's done recently except for helping out defending corners. Neither was he playing as an effective striker apart from his goal, well-placed header no doubt but a Lge2 keeper would've easily saved that. Podge has been a tremendous servant to the club and always conducts himself well, he's poaching a few goals like all good strikers but he's not playing even half as well as he did last season. I agree he needs to stay in and around the box and we need to get a busy/hard-working midfielder in (in the MF mould) which will free up Sheehan and let him get forward.

I was amazed at the space we gave them in midfield,it's always the same without Labs.Every long ball or free kick is aimed at Matt,surely there is a plan B,it's so predictable and frustrating,every team know what we are going to do.Posters on here the other day saying Abraham could be something special,I'd say think again on that one.In my glorious career with Rogie thirds,I never missed from a yard with only a defender on the line.