Re: Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

Blackandamber wrote:Great cross by Nurse. It really does help the strikers if you get service like that.
Yes this is what Matt needs. He needs crosses in from the flanks as per his Leicester goal, not the ball hoofed up from defence with pressure on him to win the header and if he does he has nobody around him to pick it up.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Coxy wrote:Job done ! We played okay first half and should have been 2 or 3 up. Less chances 2nd half and Maldon clearly sensed they could sneak the game. They didn't put us under as much pressure as i thought they would and we deserved to win the game.
Townsend played very well as did Sheehan. Podge needs to play up front with Matt. Abrahams is a menace so perhaps he could still fit in but not with Podge in midfield please. A big game for Jefferies but he was poor. Hopefully his time will come. We need to start taking our chances. Great to be in the hat for the 3rd round. Liverpool away please. Wishing a speedy recovery to Kyle Howkins. It looked a 50/50 challenge to me.
FFS the lad was not poor.
He did okay
He is better in midfield anyway.
Pick on useless players like Abrahams (menace) seriously? and Matt.
Matt is hopeless this season

Call it as it is, Jefferies was poor. Yes he’s young and inexperienced but he’s a professional footballer now isn’t he? He’ll need to improve a hell of a lot to get game time in the FL........that said a few of our experienced players need to vastly improve.
Still far better than Nurse was in that position Saturday.

Just 17 mate

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Frank , Harps or which ever username you post under...You give Sheehan a 9 , Haynes an 8 , Amond an 8 for tonights performance and you want me or any other poster to take your views serious ? # unbelievablejeff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really are the most miserable contributor to this board.
Only coming on to whinge.
Sheehan was immense.
Haynes quality and Podge continued his scoring record in the cup.
We won and are in the third round but you must still slam everybody.
Man up get down to training and have a chat with the lads.
Total clown sunshine. :roll:

I'm with Corky on this one, except for obviously taking off Podge. FN3 perhaps needs to watch a recording of the game tomorrow once he's a bit more level-headed and without his rose-tinted glasses and re-assess his views. 10/10 for Sheehan? 10 fouls from Sheehan or a total of 10 touches from Sheehan, more like. Haynes quality? Not sure - his crossing first-half was shocking but I agree he defended very well. And how you can slate Jamma's performance yet praise Amond's is beyond belief.

Think FN3 should be wearing the squeaky red nose and floppy shoes.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Frank , Harps or which ever username you post under...You give Sheehan a 9 , Haynes an 8 , Amond an 8 for tonights performance and you want me or any other poster to take your views serious ? # unbelievablejeff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You really are the most miserable contributor to this board.
Only coming on to whinge.
Sheehan was immense.
Haynes quality and Podge continued his scoring record in the cup.
We won and are in the third round but you must still slam everybody.
Man up get down to training and have a chat with the lads.
Total clown sunshine. :roll:

I'm with Corky on this one, except for obviously taking off Podge. FN3 perhaps needs to watch a recording of the game tomorrow once he's a bit more level-headed and without his rose-tinted glasses and re-assess his views. 10/10 for Sheehan? 10 fouls from Sheehan or a total of 10 touches from Sheehan, more like. Haynes quality? Not sure - his crossing first-half was shocking but I agree he defended very well. And how you can slate Jamma's performance yet praise Amond's is beyond belief.

Think FN3 should be wearing the squeaky red nose and floppy shoes.
Look its about opinions.

Sheehan was miles better than anybody on the pitch.
Townsend was faultless and must be number 1 now.
Haynes was class.
Matt was hopeless. Amond scored AGAIN in the cup.
We won and we are in the draw.
Chill.

Percy plunkett wrote:I was amazed at the space we gave them in midfield,it's always the same without Labs.Every long ball or free kick is aimed at Matt,surely there is a plan B,it's so predictable and frustrating,every team know what we are going to do.Posters on here the other day saying Abraham could be something special,I'd say think again on that one.In my glorious career with Rogie thirds,I never missed from a yard with only a defender on the line.

There is a plan B.....pump it into the corners for Matt and Abrahams to run onto, get the ball , play it back to the full back / wingbacks then hoof it into the area where they have just run from :wink: :lol:
Dress it up as much as you want , slag my views off as well if it makes you feel better but we were outplayed by a 'PUB TEAM' as some has called them.....We got lucky that we scored and won.
Maldon werent that good and caused our defence little problems but they were still the better side and the only side that tried to play football.
Thats three games now where we have been woeful and used the Hoofball tactics. Luckily we have won against very poor opposition in Grimsby and Maldon...
What does MF and WH train the team to do in training ??????

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Well I have read some garbage in the previous 10 pages.
How contributors are saying the opposition were better than us. Ridiculous.
Only one winner and that's County.
Big improvement on Saturday appreciate the opposition were not league quality.
12 minutes injury time total idiot when 9 signalled.
Half the side played well the rest crap.
We are in the third round so why kick off.

Townsend 8 No 1 keeper for sure
Jefferies 6 Give the fella a break he did okay.
Inniss 7 No probs
Howkins 7 Same
Ob 6 Okay
Haynes 8 Superb
Dolan 6 Okay
Sheehan 9 Wonderful 90 minutes
Amond 8 Got to be a record scoring in the cup.
Abrahams 4 Clueless
Matt 3 Awful

Nurse 8 Right back so play him on the right
Poleon 5 Abrahams twin.

Chill everyone it wasn't that bad at all.

Looking forward to the draw.

Away to United/ City or Liverpool.
Generous on Sheehan what did he actually create and Jeffries will never make it at full time level Gloucester / Merthyr here he comes otherwise I would agree with you and we won that is all that matters cash and a potential round 3 windfall.

neilcork68 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I was amazed at the space we gave them in midfield,it's always the same without Labs.Every long ball or free kick is aimed at Matt,surely there is a plan B,it's so predictable and frustrating,every team know what we are going to do.Posters on here the other day saying Abraham could be something special,I'd say think again on that one.In my glorious career with Rogie thirds,I never missed from a yard with only a defender on the line.

There is a plan B.....pump it into the corners for Matt and Abrahams to run onto, get the ball , play it back to the full back / wingbacks then hoof it into the area where they have just run from :wink: :lol:
Dress it up as much as you want , slag my views off as well if it makes you feel better but we were outplayed by a 'PUB TEAM' as some has called them.....We got lucky that we scored and won.
Maldon werent that good and caused our defence little problems but they were still the better side and the only side that tried to play football.
Thats three games now where we have been woeful and used the Hoofball tactics. Luckily we have won against very poor opposition in Grimsby and Maldon...
What does MF and WH train the team to do in training ??????
Get down there and have a look.
Man up
You already have the invite.

The day I find myself with nothing else to do than going to watch them train will be the day they bury me....
I use many thousands of pounds of my hard earned travelling around the country watching some of the shite that they serve up and call football so whether it upsets you or anyone I have a right to criticise them. Tough on you if you disagree with my views.
I have supported the club many years before MF was even born and god willing many years after he has moved on so IMO that gives me a right to criticise the dross being served up that he calls football irrelevant if it upsets you , him or any posters.
We are not Barcelona or Real Madrid , no one is dull enough to expect that but I expect better than that dross being served up .
Yet again that was b loody awful and the goal and win has yet again papered over the cracks.
One of the highest paid managers in League 2 if rumours are to be believed with a stupidly long contract meaning we couldnt afford to sack him if it goes wrong and his side serve up that dross on national TV........

excessbee wrote:Frank, please don't take this the wrong way. If you left out your scores out of ten for each and every player, it wouldn't rattle so many cages. Unless that is your intention :wink: Maybe praise a few, if absolutely necessary throw in a few brickbats, but I think it's the numbers that cause the aggravation.
Evening Excess its just my opinion so I will continue giving my view including points.
Its just a bit of fun but if a few odd contributors get rattled I couldn't care less.
One contributor who actually never contributes unless he is moaning will still do so regardless.
It seems the majority of contributors as always are on the same wavelength as me.
Only the odd cage gets rattled.
Whether its a 10/9/8 or 7 does it matter.
Sheehan. Townsend and Haynes played well tonight.
Roll on the draw

Utter garbage ! Apart from the result that puts us in Round 3 .....

Deserved NOTHING from tonight and I really couldn't tell which was the League 2 side

Why we play with players so far apart I don't know ? Can't remember an occasion tonight where we had 3 players close enough to string passes together . This then leads to hoof-ball and reliance on Matt to either bring it down and pass to someone that isn't there , or nod it down .... to someone that isn't there . ??!!

We won ..... 3rd Round . Great .... but we were awful tonight , as we were against Salford , Grimsby and Oldham .

We kept a clean sheet against a confidence boosted goal scoring machine in its own compact back garden. Wasn't pretty, but we didn't make them look like Barcelona as other teams have. Was always going to be a beast of a game with key players out. We won, we didn't concede and we are in the next round of the FA Cup. I would have bitten your hand off for 0-1 before the game. Would much rather be the underdog in the FA Cup for many obvious reasons.

Let’s be honest about this, that was fairly woeful but don’t forget our history, many County sides in the past have lost to non-leaguers and at least we didn’t do that with a pretty depleted team so I’ll settle for that.

Equally important is the injury situation. My sincere hopes for a speedy and complete recovery for the casualties tonight and I’m worried for Howkins as that was a bad knock, I saw it clearly at the time and consider it a straight red any day of the week, it was late and more a butt than a clash imho.

I wish people wouldn’t pick on Jefferies, he’s a young lad and promising too but I feel we’re playing him out of position, I reckon he’s a midfielder, I’d like to see him there.

By our recent lamentable standards we should have been home and hosed by ht but football-wise we were awful. Something has to change and I don’t think Poleon or Abrahams are the answer, even the worst of us playing up front would be lethal from a yard out ( Abrahams ) and Poleon’s reaction of laughing when his “shot” landed somewhere near Tiptree was doubtful as far as I’m concerned. They were laughing at you mate not with you!

Townsend , the central defenders ,Sheehan and Haynes looked ok , the rest looked out of sorts but delighted that Amond despite not having a good game must be played as it appears he’s the only one who can finish presently. I believe this is because of the game plan, we must get the ball wide and cross from the byline to give the forwards any chance at all of scoring. Whether that means a signing or two I know not because Flynn’s priorities are complicated by needing to strengthen nearly everywhere and on our budget he’ll have only the opportunity to bring in a couple.