Re: Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

neilcork68 wrote:
excessbee wrote:You think that was just a clash of heads?

Two players heads 'clashed '...Yes

IMO it should have been a red card to their player but the ref gave nothing . As he is the man in charge , thats what it was...a clash of heads between two players
The normal understanding of 'clash of heads' is that it was a fair challenge and unfortunate injury. As soon as you suggest it should have been a red card, it becomes a foul challenge. This one seemed quite nasty. Yes, their heads collided but it was avoidable.

Well I have read some garbage in the previous 10 pages.
How contributors are saying the opposition were better than us. Ridiculous.
Only one winner and that's County.
Big improvement on Saturday appreciate the opposition were not league quality.
12 minutes injury time total idiot when 9 signalled.
Half the side played well the rest crap.
We are in the third round so why kick off.

Townsend 8 No 1 keeper for sure
Jefferies 6 Give the fella a break he did okay.
Inniss 7 No probs
Howkins 7 Same
Ob 6 Okay
Haynes 8 Superb
Dolan 6 Okay
Sheehan 9 Wonderful 90 minutes
Amond 8 Got to be a record scoring in the cup.
Abrahams 4 Clueless
Matt 3 Awful

Nurse 8 Right back so play him on the right
Poleon 5 Abrahams twin.

Chill everyone it wasn't that bad at all.

Looking forward to the draw.

Away to United/ City or Liverpool.

Job done ! We played okay first half and should have been 2 or 3 up. Less chances 2nd half and Maldon clearly sensed they could sneak the game. They didn't put us under as much pressure as i thought they would and we deserved to win the game.
Townsend played very well as did Sheehan. Podge needs to play up front with Matt. Abrahams is a menace so perhaps he could still fit in but not with Podge in midfield please. A big game for Jefferies but he was poor. Hopefully his time will come. We need to start taking our chances. Great to be in the hat for the 3rd round. Liverpool away please. Wishing a speedy recovery to Kyle Howkins. It looked a 50/50 challenge to me.

faerun exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:FFS get Amond off he has done nothing at all since half time
Even by your standards this post is a cracker. Best of 2019 if you ask me.
Upside of a couple of defeats is always you crawling out of your box and posting sh*te. Hilarious fella. Keep it up.
Clueless Corky

8 games on the trot scoring in the FA cup and you give him grief.
I hope he asks you to training next week.
You really haven't got a clue have you.

ps Robbie was poor tonight again. :roll:

faerun exile wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:FFS get Amond off he has done nothing at all since half time
Even by your standards this post is a cracker. Best of 2019 if you ask me.
Upside of a couple, of defeats is always you crawling out of your box and posting sh*te. Hilarious fella. Keep it up.
Exactly, good thing he's not the manager.

Thought the game was an excellen example of the importance of confidence and belief. We started the better team and confidence appeared to grow, but by missing several good chances our belief diminished and Maldens grew to the extent that they were the better side second half and our game deteriorated, fortunately one good cross and a composed finished won us the game.

Downside of course was 2 injuries to CD's, especially Howkins; if true he was fitting on the pitch, extreme care needs to be taken with his recovery. With 3 potential injuries at CB and 2 out on loan, it could become a problem when we return to League action. Could Haynes continue to deputise there in an emergency?

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Well I have read some garbage in the previous 10 pages.
How contributors are saying the opposition were better than us. Ridiculous.
Only one winner and that's County.
Big improvement on Saturday appreciate the opposition were not league quality.
12 minutes injury time total idiot when 9 signalled.
Half the side played well the rest crap.
We are in the third round so why kick off.

Townsend 8 No 1 keeper for sure
Jefferies 6 Give the fella a break he did okay.
Inniss 7 No probs
Howkins 7 Same
Ob 6 Okay
Haynes 8 Superb
Dolan 6 Okay
Sheehan 9 Wonderful 90 minutes
Amond 8 Got to be a record scoring in the cup.
Abrahams 4 Clueless
Matt 3 Awful

Nurse 8 Right back so play him on the right
Poleon 5 Abrahams twin.

Chill everyone it wasn't that bad at all.

Looking forward to the draw.

Away to United/ City or Liverpool.
Yes give Jeffries a break. He's a young kid making his 1st start in a major competition and he's coming in to a side that's really struggling.

Coxy wrote:Job done ! We played okay first half and should have been 2 or 3 up. Less chances 2nd half and Maldon clearly sensed they could sneak the game. They didn't put us under as much pressure as i thought they would and we deserved to win the game.
Townsend played very well as did Sheehan. Podge needs to play up front with Matt. Abrahams is a menace so perhaps he could still fit in but not with Podge in midfield please. A big game for Jefferies but he was poor. Hopefully his time will come. We need to start taking our chances. Great to be in the hat for the 3rd round. Liverpool away please. Wishing a speedy recovery to Kyle Howkins. It looked a 50/50 challenge to me.
FFS the lad was not poor.
He did okay
He is better in midfield anyway.
Pick on useless players like Abrahams (menace) seriously? and Matt.
Matt is hopeless this season

FN3 - Respect your opinions as everyone's is important but have to say I disagree fully with your player assessments and view of the game.

Only 1 team played the ball nicely out of defence, the other hoofed it. Only 1 team had any clever footwork in and around the box, the other team knocked it long to their tall forward who, although he held the ball up well second half, had no-one running off him for the knock-downs.

I won't slate Dom Jefferies because of his age and inexperience but would hope he'll improve markedly on that performance. Dolan and Sheehan were outplayed first half and left too many gaps in the midfield all game (possibly not their fault if we're using wingbacks they'll always be exposed). I'd give Sheehan 7/10 tops, one of our better players.

Giving 8/10 to Podge is undeserved and he's a player who would acknowledge that. Like all good strikers he only needs 1 chance (he had 2, how he didn't bury that early fluffed shot is beyond me), but let's not kid ourselves, he was ineffective otherwise. Matt though worked hard as the game went on and was at least twice as effective as Podge so to give him 3/10 is biased and unwarranted.

We've become too predictable and the only good news is that, with a few injuries, MF will be forced to make changes.