Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Grandstand FA Cup Round 2

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 30th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:The fact he’s a right midfielder and not a right back makes it worse for me as his passing was awful, the worst part of his performance.
I don’t buy into the ‘he’s only 17’ nonsense, yes that’s young but he’s either good enough to be playing on our first team or he isn’t , simple as that.

Exile that's not correct though.
If everybody was fit he may not of been even on the bench.
We had literally nobody else to play there yesterday so thank goodness he did and didn't let the side down.
Watch it again, granted a few hiccups but 2 lovely lay off which Abrahams wasted.
Good on ya Dom.
no avatar
User

Robster

Postby Robster » November 30th, 2019, 2:18 pm

I was impressed with the first half link up play between Matt and Abrahams. First time in a long while I've seen matt win the header (which he generally does) and Abraham's collecting. Rather than matt chasing it himself!
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » November 30th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Kings main problem is his kicking,he reminds me of Day on that.Townsend kicked with both feet and never worried me,he also made important saves.Strange that Giggs called King into the National squad because he was getting regular game time,since then he hasn't played.On yesterday's performance,he will have to wait,will that effect Giggs thinking.
no avatar
User

OLDCROMWELLIAN

TrefGruffydd

Postby OLDCROMWELLIAN » November 30th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Percy plunkett wrote:Kings main problem is his kicking,he reminds me of Day on that.Townsend kicked with both feet and never worried me,he also made important saves.Strange that Giggs called King into the National squad because he was getting regular game time,since then he hasn't played.On yesterday's performance,he will have to wait,will that effect Giggs thinking.

suspect King will play Tues now against Brighton U21s, but will have to be outstanding to get back in for the next league game.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » November 30th, 2019, 3:53 pm

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Kings main problem is his kicking,he reminds me of Day on that.Townsend kicked with both feet and never worried me,he also made important saves.Strange that Giggs called King into the National squad because he was getting regular game time,since then he hasn't played.On yesterday's performance,he will have to wait,will that effect Giggs thinking.

suspect King will play Tues now against Brighton U21s, but will have to be outstanding to get back in for the next league game.

Not a chance after Townsends performance yesterday.
On that Day or Townsend got to be the latter, kicking 100% plus 2 cracking saves..
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » November 30th, 2019, 4:06 pm

We play our reserve keeper in this cup.If King is now the reserve then he should play.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » November 30th, 2019, 4:42 pm

King was playing excellent until his call up so deserves a chance to win his no1 spot back.
Previous