Re: MOM Maldon/Tiptree

It's a weird one, this. He's our best player so I expect him to perform at a certain level. But for Sheehan to win MOM he's got to put in a good performance by his standards. Although he made a few interceptions and at least one penetrating pass I didn't feel he was very influential overall on Friday, though I guess plenty on here did.

JonD wrote:It's a weird one, this. He's our best player so I expect him to perform at a certain level. But for Sheehan to win MOM he's got to put in a good performance by his standards. Although he made a few interceptions and at least one penetrating pass I didn't feel he was very influential overall on Friday, though I guess plenty on here did.
Just judging by the voting you are in a very small minority here.
Welcome to Corkys world.

Good Morning

My vote ( from tv) is for Townsend. Not being a regular number one, and having few opportunities he has to be ready to step in at any time. He seems to accept this role with great patience and dignity. When he has been called on he has played well. This match was a tough one for him. The last line of defence, which disappeared in front of him as the game progressed.
He made an important early block which if he hadn’t would have seen us chasing it early on.
The save in top corner was superb, equivalent to a striker scoring a cracker.

Phil in Northampton