Re: MOM Maldon/Tiptree

Lets just get this straight. We could just elect Sheehan Player of the Season now so superlative have been his performances this season in contrast to other players in the team. So voting for him becomes boring.

I thought the 3 CB's went about their jobs efficiently while they were on the pitch and Haynes (another who generally shines), though below his usual standard defended well and adapted well to the changing situation in defence. You could argue for Nurse for his terrific cross that lead to the goal or I suppose for Amond for heading it back across goal as any decent striker should do and winning the game.

But I think I'll go for Townsend. He did everything required of him which is all you can ask of from a keeper. Tom King has a bit of a battle to get that shirt back!

Sheehan just from Townsend who made some vital save, but Sheehan was the best player on the park first half and did the ugly side of the job second half. After we lost 2 centre half's the whole team then just dug in and ran themselves into the ground in what could easily of become an upset.

supporter wrote:Can't agree on the Jefferies comment. He's making his senior debut apart from the EFL Cup and was part of a defence that lost 2 centre half's. Apart from a stray pass in the first 15 minutes he did well and just needs to continue to grow and learn his trade.
That M&T pass behind Jefferies in our pen area was amateurish bordering on woeful defending, Robbie got done by an identical pass in the Grimsby replay. We definitely need a quality right back as playing midfielders out if position as makeshift wingbacks isn't working, unless they get better quality defensive coaching.