Re: MOM Maldon/Tiptree

supporter wrote:Mcnamara is first choice rb at the moment he was cup tied and Leadbitter is injured. Solid senior fa cup debut in difficult circumstances. Lost 2 central defenders and kept a clean sheet going onto win the game, yep its a real defensive crisis.
I see your argument but......

Newport County were playing a team four divisions below us and it is the Newport County goalkeeper who is leading a poll for our man of the match.

Stan from the comments made it was clearly a choice between Sheehan and Townsend. The point I'm making is once a lower league team gets the luck they need first half when we couldn't make the most of our opportunities and then both your centre half's get taken off it had cup upset written all over it. Also a lot of good character was shown in the last 20-25 minutes. This team who were 4 leagues below us went to a team 4 leagues above them last round and won. Leagues often go out the window in the cup, Leicester were 3 leagues above us last season.
Last edited by supporter on November 30th, 2019, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It was a typical FA cup game against a lower league team with their biggest game ever at home.
I have seen far worse performances this season especially recently.
After watching it again today I quite enjoyed the match apart from the Howkins injury.
No idea how we do it but we just have to get the front 3 firing better.
Robbie out wide is the best bet and possibly Nurse on the left out wide another choice.
Plus Labs to hit form again.
It can be sorted.