MF article today the Newport way.

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

wattsville_boy

Re: MF article today the Newport way.

Postby wattsville_boy » December 1st, 2019, 6:57 pm

supporter wrote:I agree with the sentiment of Newport being a cynical place in so much as Newportonians always seem to have had the shit end of the stick so we're not really respectors of reputation etc, its very much a your either with us or not attitude, if your with us great if not we're not really that bothered.

What I take from a couple of posters is this attitude has served a few of them well in their careers etc.

As for the font of all footballing knowledge- Corky, let's be fair you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you would you.

We are on a messageboard where fans of the club are allowed to express their opinions. Corky's opinion is no less relevant than those that want to sweep County's performances under the carpet and claim everything is rosy in County's garden, presumably through their amber-tinted glasses.

What I do find troublesome is how thin-skinned Flynn is becoming to any criticism. In most industries the customer comes first. In football it seems that the customer needs to shut up and endure...
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » December 1st, 2019, 7:06 pm

wattsville_boy wrote:I'm with Corky on this. I don't go to as many games as him but those games I have seen this season has been of fairly low quality and I have called it when it has happened. County have played some poor sides thus far (Port Vale, Carlisle, Crawley, Salford and Oldham) and made them look good. One dimensional in play, totally predictable and no plan B. If you want people to come and watch you need to entertain, otherwise they find better things to do with the money.

MF states County are 11th with two games in hand but you have to win those games in order to get to the fourth spot and frankly many wouldn't bet on that at the moment.

I think all the article shows is how sensitive Flynn is to any criticism and how he wants to shut down any dissenting voices. There's a reason why fans booed at the end of the Oldham game - in an effort to display their disagreement with your style of play (and tactics on that occasion). It's not meant as a slur against you or your team but as a sign of frustration with the sh1t you are serving us currently. Instead of continuing as you are, make a change, do something different, surprise County's supporters (and the opposition)...

MF loves the plaudits of success but cant handle criticism by the seem of it...Not a recipe to go much higher as a manager IMO....He only got our job by default after all.
He has done well so far but is beginning to struggle with recent performances and outbursts against dissenting voices.
Thats a few times he has come out now and had a go about the people having a go at him and his team, the very same people who help pay his wages. Rightly or wrongly Michael , fans are aloud to criticise you especially with the s hite football your team has been playing this season.
WE know who we are , we know where we stand, what you have done etc but the football your side plays is predictable , rubbish and you are being found out by other more experienced managers .The results so far have papered over the cracks .Have you the ability to change it ????
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » December 1st, 2019, 7:22 pm

If you read all the recent articles then MF has accepted the fans right to criticise but qualifies this by saying if you're doing this in the first 3 minutes then that's questionable.

A lot of people questioned him publicly criticising players, its funny how when he publicly defends the players the usual suspects don't recognise that.

Anyway I'm going to see if I can contact MF and tell him to forget the analysis he had planned for Bradford just go the Corky method and get on the fans forums for their opinion of the way they play and we're guaranteed a win.
no avatar
User

Morganrum

Postby Morganrum » December 1st, 2019, 7:37 pm

No time to go to the training ground , but can write war and peace on here whenever we have a bad spell.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 1st, 2019, 7:43 pm

As far as I can make out Flynny has no problem with fans showing their displeasure after a poor performance, his problem lies when some fans are pissing and moaning after just a couple of minutes.
I remember a couple of fans in front of me a couple of years back were calling for Scott Boden to be subbed after a bad first touch.....in the first five minutes!!
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 1st, 2019, 7:46 pm

Morganrum wrote:No time to go to the training ground , but can write war and peace on here whenever we have a bad spell.

Quote of the day

Brilliant Sir. :lol:
no avatar
User

County ranger

Postby County ranger » December 1st, 2019, 8:23 pm

The Ironsiders wrote:i think it’s appalling the way Flynny has been criticised recently. i said more or less those comments on another thread, and it shows how some people just want a moan and criticise a man who helped keep our club alive.

Well said if the moaners bought one extra person to each game we would have a crowd of 8,000 and more budget for players - this team and manager continue to punch well above their weight.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » December 1st, 2019, 8:28 pm

County ranger wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:i think it’s appalling the way Flynny has been criticised recently. i said more or less those comments on another thread, and it shows how some people just want a moan and criticise a man who helped keep our club alive.

Well said if the moaners bought one extra person to each game we would have a crowd of 8,000 and more budget for players - this team and manager continue to punch well above their weight.

Mrs Nouble is coming along on the 14th
Not moaning mind you. :grin:
no avatar
User

Ncfc1995

Postby Ncfc1995 » December 1st, 2019, 8:49 pm

Fed up of us just hoofing it forward hopeing someone might get a decent touch MF tatics are the same week in week out long throws by haynes nothing ever comes from them our corners are shocking everytime. Some of the signings are questionable aswell signed 2 defenders in summer one had contract terminated and one out on loan who wont play for us again whitley is poor in my opinion abrahams is hit and miss and haynes has not been the same last few games.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » December 1st, 2019, 9:23 pm

Ncfc1995 wrote:Fed up of us just hoofing it forward hopeing someone might get a decent touch MF tatics are the same week in week out long throws by haynes nothing ever comes from them our corners are shocking everytime. Some of the signings are questionable aswell signed 2 defenders in summer one had contract terminated and one out on loan who wont play for us again whitley is poor in my opinion abrahams is hit and miss and haynes has not been the same last few games.

Wait for abuse :mrgreen:
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » December 2nd, 2019, 11:05 pm

supporter wrote:I agree with the sentiment of Newport being a cynical place in so much as Newportonians always seem to have had the shit end of the stick so we're not really respectors of reputation etc, its very much a your either with us or not attitude, if your with us great if not we're not really that bothered.

What I take from a couple of posters is this attitude has served a few of them well in their careers etc.

As for the font of all footballing knowledge- Corky, let's be fair you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you would you.

Oh I don’t know about that. I’d rather be in the trench with a realist rather than somebody trying to cheer me up with the news that the enemy were going to lob bottles of booze and steak dinners at us in the next barrage. He tells it how it is and it’s just my opinion but he’s never that far off from how I feel about performances. Don’t get me wrong , I’ll never barrack the team or Flynn and I’ll be eternally grateful for the great escape as I really doubt many men could have pulled that season back together. That doesn’t mean that he’s immune from all criticism however and it really intrigues me that there are fans who are happy with the style of play we’re witnessing at present. If it gets the points then the fans tolerate it but when the wheels come off......
The other aspect is that people do want to be entertained and you want to watch skills that when you were in your prime you wouldn’t be able to emulate. We all could have booted the ball out of the ground and been unable to get a shot on goal in 90 minutes and people who are not as committed as us nutters just won’t pay to watch what’s passing for football at the moment!
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » December 3rd, 2019, 6:23 am

L & H he's got a track record of putting the boot in at the first opportunity which indicates when the going gets tough he won't have your back. I wouldn't have to worry about him being in the trench because I wouldn't be able to find him.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » December 3rd, 2019, 8:18 am

I think we should have a NeilCork appreciation society
I for one would join!
no avatar
User

rncfc

Caerphilly

Postby rncfc » December 3rd, 2019, 11:33 am

All of these comparisons of supporting a football club with being a customer of any other company are pathetic.

If you don't like the way Tesco, for example, are managing your food you just go and shop somewhere else. You have no vested interest in Tesco succeeding or not, because you are highly unlikely to care.

Most people here will be trust members, shareholders, supporters and possibly even volunteers. We all attend matches because, first and foremost, we want the football team to succeed. The fact that you part with your cash remains your choice but you do it to try and get a winning team. It therefore follows that pissing your knickers every time we have a small bad run of form could be construed as being counter-productive. It is also contradictory to what you are doing in financially supporting the club; you are parting with your cash, but then trying to derail the football team by using a public platform to slag off the team and manager.

If by January we're still playing crap, out of the cups, 20th in the league, etc, then maybe these comments will have some substance. But try and keep some sort of perspective in the short term please.
no avatar
User

supporter

Postby supporter » December 3rd, 2019, 12:29 pm

rncfc, now that's a sensible post.
PreviousNext