Wrexham since we were lucky ?????

I look with interest at the league tables and the positions of County and Wrexham, When we went to Wembley and beat Wrexham with goals from Christian Jolley and Aaron Occonner many people who couldn't be bothered to go to the match and had heard comments and summaries of the game on TV, etc--- ie "the Armchair Experts",maintained that County were lucky to win, and I had many arguments because I maintained that County were deserved winners,--I maintained that we had won convincingly---- Wrexham did very little in that match, and have gone downhill ever since, to where they are now.
Come on the Port !!......…...Bob Bassett

Re: Wrexham since we were lucky ?????

BertieB wrote:I look with interest at the league tables and the positions of County and Wrexham, When we went to Wembley and beat Wrexham with goals from Christian Jolley and Aaron Occonner many people who couldn't be bothered to go to the match and had heard comments and summaries of the game on TV, etc--- ie "the Armchair Experts",maintained that County were lucky to win, and I had many arguments because I maintained that County were deserved winners,--I maintained that we had won convincingly---- Wrexham did very little in that match, and have gone downhill ever since, to where they are now.
Come on the Port !!......…...Bob Bassett
I saw the game. But for the occasion it was fairly typical National League. My view was that Wrexham shaded an average game. By that I mean that on the balance of play if repeated Wrexham would win 55% Newport 45%.

We were not lucky to win, but you could argue Wrexham were a tad unlucky to lose.

Wrexham had a few near misses first half,just wide or just over,would Lenny have saved them if they were on target,who knows.What it tells me is,you have to hit the target and work the keeper,they didn't.Then when Pidge made a save,their veteran striker had a tap in but chose to blast it.Fortunately for us,it sailed over the bar.They had more shots than us but,ours weren't wide or over.

Percy plunkett wrote:Wrexham had a few near misses first half,just wide or just over,would Lenny have saved them if they were on target,who knows.What it tells me is,you have to hit the target and work the keeper,they didn't.Then when Pidge made a save,their veteran striker had a tap in but chose to blast it.Fortunately for us,it sailed over the bar.They had more shots than us but,ours weren't wide or over.
Quite right.

At the end of the day it's the old joke. Think you were unlucky son, tomorrow morning look in the paper.

We scored, they didn't.