Re: Graham Westley

If my memory serves me,it was Flynny who went to Westley to convince him to come here.At a open meeting Flynny,who used to attend every one in those days,was bulling up Westley saying how lucky we were to get him.Some of Westley's tactics have rubbed off on Flynny,like bringing everyone back for corners and free kicks,meaning we have no outlet and the ball just comes back at us.

Percy plunkett wrote:If my memory serves me,it was Flynny who went to Westley to convince him to come here.At a open meeting Flynny,who used to attend every one in those days,was bulling up Westley saying how lucky we were to get him.Some of Westley's tactics have rubbed off on Flynny,like bringing everyone back for corners and free kicks,meaning we have no outlet and the ball just comes back at us.
It's a percentages thing I guess. The more bodies you have in the box, the more chance you have of stopping it going in the net. We do play percentage football pretty much all of the time. Very little in the way of risks, which is why two goal wins like yesterday (or defeats for that matter) tend to be few and far between.

Saner Dully wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:If my memory serves me,it was Flynny who went to Westley to convince him to come here.At a open meeting Flynny,who used to attend every one in those days,was bulling up Westley saying how lucky we were to get him.Some of Westley's tactics have rubbed off on Flynny,like bringing everyone back for corners and free kicks,meaning we have no outlet and the ball just comes back at us.
It's a percentages thing I guess. The more bodies you have in the box, the more chance you have of stopping it going in the net. We do play percentage football pretty much all of the time. Very little in the way of risks, which is why two goal wins like yesterday (or defeats for that matter) tend to be few and far between.
Or,the more of theirs in the box increases the chance of a goal.We did leave Abrahams up a couple of times yesterday.His pace means they have to drop one guy out of our box to cover,it also means,the ball won't just come back at us,inviting more pressure.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Saner Dully wrote:
Or,the more of theirs in the box increases the chance of a goal.We did leave Abrahams up a couple of times yesterday.His pace means they have to drop one guy out of our box to cover,it also means,the ball won't just come back at us,inviting more pressure.
.....and now we’ve got the Exocet Green as an outlet, any opposition isn’t going to leave just one player back to mark him. I’m actually looking forward to watching games again after our performance yesterday! :grin:

Percy plunkett wrote:He certainly looked brisk in those 5 minutes,looking forward to him running at people.
Agreed. From my observations, teams will keep 2 back to try and counter speedsters. Hope he gets more game time. Presumably he will be eligible to play in the EFL trophy game Tues having come from a Championship team

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:He certainly looked brisk in those 5 minutes,looking forward to him running at people.
Agreed. From my observations, teams will keep 2 back to try and counter speedsters. Hope he gets more game time. Presumably he will be eligible to play in the EFL trophy game Tues having come from a Championship team
I would think Green and Baker would be available.I wonder if Rhys Davies will play for them,he is in both u21 and u23 squads.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Saner Dully wrote:
Just watched Liverpool v Utd.Utd have a corner deep into injury time,Liverpool still leave Salah up on the halfway line,Utd have to drop an extra player out of the box.Salah still runs through and scores.Football is the same whether it's Liverpool,us or Rogie Thirds,take pressure away by leaving someone up.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:He'd probably make a great number 2 to someone if his ego would allow it. Credit for signing two outstanding defenders in O'Brien and Demetriou.

How bad must Cambridge be?
That's the point they aren't only 2 points behind us before yesterday.
I’m very glad we managed to get a couple of wins under our belt, if we hadn’t that last relegation spot was edging ever closer, 8 points wouldn’t have been a huge buffer in the form we were in. I’m a lot happier after Saturday’s result.