Re: Macclesfield

pembsexile wrote:Bolton did have a points reduction. They started this season on -12 points because of their problems. Furthermore, because they missed a game with Doncaster this season (and one other game last season) they have another 5 points reduction currently suspended.
Bolton were given a 12 point deduction for entering administration. The not fulfilling fixtures is a separate issue. When Bolton did it they received a 5 point suspended deduction whereas Macclesfield have been given a straight 6 point deduction effective now. Seems unfair and inconsistent. EFL make it up as they go along.

Snowman wrote: So how come Bolton got off recently with no points deduction? Hardly seems right since they postponed 2 games in the last 9 months without EFL permission. Surely Bolton should have been deducted points as well
If you're looking for logic and consistency, then I'd suggest not starting with the Football League. :clown:

excessbee wrote:Decision later today about tomorrow's match with Plymouth. Apparently there is some doubt about the ground having a safety certificate and a suggestion spectators may not be allowed in the ground.
Looking v serious for Macc. Would think due to their current position they are even more reliant that most on gate receipts.

From Plymouth Argyle site:-
THE EFL have just released further information regarding Saturday's Sky Bet League Two game at Macclesfield Town.

An EFL spokesman said:

“Due to Macclesfield Town having been served a zero capacity notice by the local Safety Advisory Group yesterday, the club is now required as a matter of urgency to address all outstanding matters.

“Only resolving these issues will allow the match with Plymouth Argyle to take place with spectators given access in the stadium. It is understood some progress is being made.

“The EFL, however, has reminded [Macclesfield] of its obligations once again in respect of ensuring it fulfils its fixture commitments and, given the outcome of yesterday’s hearing decision, the consequences for failure to meet those requirements will be significant.

“The League will continue its discussions with the club as it attempts to provide absolute clarity for Macclesfield Town fans and in advance of Plymouth Argyle and its supporters, who are finalising their preparations for the game.”

excessbee wrote:I don't think 'behind closed doors' has been implemented before. I shouldn't think the EFL will want to go down that route. If it ends up as another enforced postponement, that will surely mean another points penalty.
I should hope not, football is about the fans watching the games, without them its pretty pointless.

Well, it's now gone into the time zone when some Plymouth fans will have set off with the intention of an overnight stay. For those intending to travel tomorrow I'd hazard a guess at no later than a nine o'clock start. This probably means it will be played, but still perhaps with no spectators.

excessbee wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Bury latest. https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... an-b-debts

Proposed four quid surcharge on tickets to pay off interest.
At what level of football? A £4 surcharge may mean they charge twice as much as other clubs in their league.
Bury AFC are trying to join the North-West Counties - tier 9 and 10. As I'm sure we would know, £4 on a ticket would be a small price to pay for getting your club back.

I think the group wanting to charge the ticket surcharge are not the proposed Phoenix club. It seems their supporters have split in two. One lot, based on the Forever Bury supporters group who seem to be lining up behind a buyer of dubious credibility who wants to resuscitate the old club which still exists in name (and debts) in the hands of Steve Dale. They also want to play at Gigg Lane. Others are proposing a completely new entity. Both would probably be required to start at step 9/10. The £4 surcharge would maybe just be going towards covering the debt they would be taking on to buy from Dale.

Back to Macclesfield.
The BBC is stating that the EFL have called the game off, whilst almost simultaneously, Macclesfield website is posting a message from their chairman that tomorrow's game will go ahead. Total shambles, surely another points deduction. I expect Morecambe supporters will be celebrating getting off the bottom of the table.