Re: Macclesfield

Willthiswork wrote:Southend United and Macclesfield Town have both been charged with misconduct by the English Football League for failing to pay their players on time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51804003

Enough is enough now.

Said before all TV money should be put into a bond if this situation happened the players and staff get paid from that then the Club get less later on but at least people are getting paid

They do it in local league's you have to pay a 500 quid bond if the team fails to finish season then that's used to pay unpaid fines etc if the team complete it's responsibility and finish season they get the bond back

Can't say they haven't had enough warning. There's already a four point penalty suspended and, I believe, the postponement of the Plymouth match still to be actioned. They could throw the book at Macclesfield now and give Stevenage a fighting chance. There can't surely be any delay in the decision at this late stage in the season.
The misconduct charge is for 'failing to play a number of players'. So I'm assuming some were paid and others not. Maybe a devious move to prevent the whole team from downing tools.

excessbee wrote:Can't say they haven't had enough warning. There's already a four point penalty suspended and, I believe, the postponement of the Plymouth match still to be actioned. They could throw the book at Macclesfield now and give Stevenage a fighting chance. There can't surely be any delay in the decision at this late stage in the season.
The misconduct charge is for 'failing to play a number of players'. So I'm assuming some were paid and others not. Maybe a devious move to prevent the whole team from downing tools.
You could be right but I suspect a likely explanation is that none were paid but that not all chose not to play.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Southend United and Macclesfield Town have both been charged with misconduct by the English Football League for failing to pay their players on time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51804003

Enough is enough now.

Said before all TV money should be put into a bond if this situation happened the players and staff get paid from that then the Club get less later on but at least people are getting paid

They do it in local league's you have to pay a 500 quid bond if the team fails to finish season then that's used to pay unpaid fines etc if the team complete it's responsibility and finish season they get the bond back
100% agree.

Willthiswork wrote:Would be interesting to see what happens if the season is cancelled on reference to the points deductions and the Bury situation.
Hmm..... If the season is declared null and void, they may be hoping the points deductions for postponed matches will be cancelled as the games technically didn't exist. However, failure to pay players can't be brushed under the carpet, and would mean starting next season on negative points. A rumour surfaced on their forum (I know, I know.....) last night suggesting the take over bid they've been hanging on for for months may be withdrawn. Maybe their next appearance in the High Court will be their last.

EFL has adjusted the penalty from 10 points, four of which were suspended, to 7 (three suspended). So while no football is being played, Macc have gained two points! Surely the next step should be impose the suspended points penalty as they have failed to pay players in February.