Current Form

2 points from a possible 21 from our last 7 league games.
We have a huge amount to be thankful to Flynny for but poor Christmas/New Year results and the board will surely have to review his future.
I've no idea why it seems to have gone so wrong and I pray for some good results, but sometimes things can only improve with a change.
Some of our signings have been poor to say the least and the board will have to decide if Flynn and co are the right ones to be trusted with our remaining cash.

Re: Current Form

The Ironsiders wrote:all these threads being made questioning our current manager's future is just plain daft. he is the best manager we have had since the club's reformation and it annoys me seeing these sort of posts and threads being created as soon as we have hit a poor run of form. he will become a better manager out of this bad patch, we need to stick by him and stop questioning his future. i can completely understand why people are saying all sorts of negative stuff about him and his future at this club, but it really isn't helping any matters and is just bringing the mood on here down.

onwards and upwards, up the county
Yes, Good Post...………......Come on the Port!! Bob Bassett

The Ironsiders wrote:all these threads being made questioning our current manager's future is just plain daft. he is the best manager we have had since the club's reformation and it annoys me seeing these sort of posts and threads being created as soon as we have hit a poor run of form. he will become a better manager out of this bad patch, we need to stick by him and stop questioning his future. i can completely understand why people are saying all sorts of negative stuff about him and his future at this club, but it really isn't helping any matters and is just bringing the mood on here down.

Sorry if it's bringing the mood down but 2 points from 21, including results against some supposedly inferior opposition, can't give anyone much to smile about.
I know we are all meant to be happy about everything concerned with County but how long do you think we should ignore the present form before we enter the real world.

Totally clueless post.
Reading that crap makes me want to throw up.
Seriously you really are in Cuckoo land sunshine.

The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Totally clueless post.
pretty sure you said that you're no longer going to reply to my posts. you seriously are bitter.
Apologies as I did say that but unfortunately I couldn't ignore that crock of shite post you made.

Bitter not even close f*******g tamping more like it.

The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Totally clueless post.
pretty sure you said that you're no longer going to reply to my posts. you seriously are bitter.
Apologies as I did say that but unfortunately I couldn't ignore that crock of shite post you made.

just do us all a favour and piss off
Another clever clogs who thinks he is speaking for every body
Behave :roll:

The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Totally clueless post.

recently, for every post i've posted on here, there's been a smarmy comment from you which i find annoying and belittling. now, please piss off.
Its very hard on this forum to ignore the crap you come up with.
Just to let you know having followed the boys for over 60 years I feel I am entitled to say whatever I want here.
A suggestion for yourself, don't speak for everybody else on here.
Also try reading every other poster on here who thinks the current situation is dire.
Nothing worse than a poster who cannot see anything wrong with the club and buries their head in a few foot of sand.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The Ironsiders wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Totally clueless post.

recently, for every post i've posted on here, there's been a smarmy comment from you which i find annoying and belittling. now, please piss off.
Its very hard on this forum to ignore the crap you come up with.
Just to let you know having followed the boys for over 60 years I feel I am entitled to say whatever I want here.
A suggestion for yourself, don't speak for everybody else on here.
Also try reading every other poster on here who thinks the current situation is dire.
Nothing worse than a poster who cannot see anything wrong with the club and buries their head in a few foot of sand.
The alternative view of course is that Ironsides is a realist and recognises the limitations of what County can achieve and Frank you should recognise this after 60 years - I do after 50. We have a season of extremes a great early run Flynn was a god and the panic was about him leaving and now we have a bad run it will change and we should take stock at the end of the season. I agree with Ironsides this run will make Flynn a better manager.

Undoubtedly the form is dire but we’ve had spells like this in most seasons. My concern is we don’t seem to be changing anything - we just carry on doing the same thing and hoping it will change. I know we don’t have a huge squad and we’ve had a few injuries but I’d like to see us try and mix things up. I do find the strikers terribly isolated as we thump the ball forward and rarely play through the midfield. I don’t say that because I need to be entertained but I don’t see us getting any success playing as we are. I’m not sure how many of the loans are up in January - maybe that’s a chance to change a few faves who can contribute a bit more.

Our current form is shocking but it was also pretty dire last year November to March too and we had an excellent run after that. We have the same core of the squad from last season so either they have become worse or last season was an outlier in terms of performance.

The major issue is if Flynn has lost the ability to motivate the players, he very rarely/never takes responsibility for the losses and digs out the team publicly, which surely won't help a team low on confidence, "Top" managers rarely do this for example: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... a-20855760

I think consideration has to be given to how much will it cost us to sack him, who is out there to replace him as we don't want another cycle of manager change like after JE left. Do you give MF the opportunity to make changes in January or do you bring someone new in and give them the opportunity to make changes.

In the 2016/17 season at the end of November Exeter were 21st and stuck by Tidsdale.

After 20 games the same as we've played they had 23 points 5 less than we've got after 20 games. They then had a great second half to the season and finished 5th.

Big test as I've said elsewhere but I firmly believe we'll come out of it and everyone will benefit from this spell.Loyalty is one of the hardest things to maintain in the bad times but it is what makes you stronger as a group when you come through it.

supporter wrote:In the 2016/17 season at the end of November Exeter were 21st and stuck by Tidsdale.

After 20 games the same as we've played they had 23 points 5 less than we've got after 20 games. They then had a great second half to the season and finished 5th.

Big test as I've said elsewhere but I firmly believe we'll come out of it and everyone will benefit from this spell.Loyalty is one of the hardest things to maintain in the bad times but it is what makes you stronger as a group when you come through it.
I don't disagree with that. And Flynn has credit for that which he has achieved. So if it were my decision I too would give him more time. (Although I wouldn't have done a Gavin and made him invincible.)

However it does beg the question, at what point do you reach the stage when it is time to part company?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:In the 2016/17 season at the end of November Exeter were 21st and stuck by Tidsdale.

I don't disagree with that. And Flynn has credit for that which he has achieved. So if it were my decision I too would give him more time. (Although I wouldn't have done a Gavin and made him invincible.)

However it does beg the question, at what point do you reach the stage when it is time to part company?

You don’t know if GF has put in a clause as they said they’d do in future to protect the club ... so as it stands you don’t know much it would cost us to part company with Flynny