Re: Current Form

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:In the 2016/17 season at the end of November Exeter were 21st and stuck by Tidsdale.

After 20 games the same as we've played they had 23 points 5 less than we've got after 20 games. They then had a great second half to the season and finished 5th.

Big test as I've said elsewhere but I firmly believe we'll come out of it and everyone will benefit from this spell.Loyalty is one of the hardest things to maintain in the bad times but it is what makes you stronger as a group when you come through it.
I don't disagree with that. And Flynn has credit for that which he has achieved. So if it were my decision I too would give him more time. (Although I wouldn't have done a Gavin and made him invincible.)

However it does beg the question, at what point do you reach the stage when it is time to part company?

You don’t know if GF has put in a clause as they said they’d do in future to protect the club ... so as it stands you don’t know much it would cost us to part company with Flynny
Of course that is possible. However somewhat unlikely. Frankly I wouldn't trust Gavin, Kevin, Shaun et al to negotiate the Coldra roundabout.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
supporter wrote:In the 2016/17 season at the end of November Exeter were 21st and stuck by Tidsdale.

After 20 games the same as we've played they had 23 points 5 less than we've got after 20 games. They then had a great second half to the season and finished 5th.

Big test as I've said elsewhere but I firmly believe we'll come out of it and everyone will benefit from this spell.Loyalty is one of the hardest things to maintain in the bad times but it is what makes you stronger as a group when you come through it.
I don't disagree with that. And Flynn has credit for that which he has achieved. So if it were my decision I too would give him more time. (Although I wouldn't have done a Gavin and made him invincible.)

However it does beg the question, at what point do you reach the stage when it is time to part company?

You don’t know if GF has put in a clause as they said they’d do in future to protect the club ... so as it stands you don’t know much it would cost us to part company with Flynny
Of course that is possible. However somewhat unlikely. Frankly I wouldn't trust Gavin, Kevin, Shaun et al to negotiate the Coldra roundabout.

It is a particularly hard roundabout in fairness...

I cant believe someone posted that they feel it is unfair on the team that they have been told that they will now have to come in and train on Christmas Day..

Have they not witnessed the last 7 games performances where we have been 'pathetic' , and thats a compliment to them ?
They should have been in at 6.0am this morning for a treble session and be made to watch the videos of their performances recently.........

Agree Corky !
Along with meeting the away fans who travel all over the country to watch County try and perform.
I Know Accrington players after every home game met up with the fans in their club house and discussed and analysed the matches to hear any views about performances and pick up feedback. That season in League 2 they gained automatic promotion Every which way to improve the team on the pitch is worth considering and facing the fans after a match who pay their wages might register to some players what it means to be passionate about NCFC and football in general.
IMHO many players are in professional football for the wrong reasons.

neilcork68 wrote:I cant believe someone posted that they feel it is unfair on the team that they have been told that they will now have to come in and train on Christmas Day..

Have they not witnessed the last 7 games performances where we have been 'pathetic' , and thats a compliment to them ?
They should have been in at 6.0am this morning for a treble session and be made to watch the videos of their performances recently.........
Alternatively, you could take the view that this will disillusion the camp even further. It depends on the group as to whether this approach would work.

Personally, and based on the fact that most professional people are proud and not workshy, I would not have had them in. It can make some people really resentful and be counterproductive.

somerton moss wrote:Agree Corky !
Along with meeting the away fans who travel all over the country to watch County try and perform.
I Know Accrington players after every home game met up with the fans in their club house and discussed and analysed the matches to hear any views about performances and pick up feedback. That season in League 2 they gained automatic promotion Every which way to improve the team on the pitch is worth considering and facing the fans after a match who pay their wages might register to some players what it means to be passionate about NCFC and football in general.
IMHO many players are in professional football for the wrong reasons.
100% spot on....thoroughly agree with last point