Re: Has MF lost the dressing room ?

Last season just before the Great catchup we lost right at the death to Northampton and Butler got blamed, he dusted himself down and got on with it the rest is history.

In the longterm Maloney will realise he hasn't been signalled out as the behaviour isn't personal and is consistent. In years to come he should remember the lesson learnt.

I mentioned Butler earlier who I'm sure would say he valued MF's honest and upfront approach. From memory Westley didn't seem overly critical publicly but we all know that privately he was a bully who nearly destroyed Butler and did for a period get to an experienced player like Tozer.

I'm sure Maloney will have a good career and might just look back in years to come and view it as a positive.

I think we'll navigate the iceberg and the skipper will be better for the experience.

As usual there were a few passengers who had jumped ship at the first sign of needing to show a bit of bottle, others were asked to leave because if it became a real crisis where everyone was needed to pull together they would've been first in the lifeboats.

The skipper and loyal crew then went on to enjoy many future successful voyages.

supporter wrote:I think we'll navigate the iceberg and the skipper will be better for the experience.

As usual there were a few passengers who had jumped ship at the first sign of needing to show a bit of bottle, others were asked to leave because if it became a real crisis where everyone was needed to pull together they would've been first in the lifeboats.

The skipper and loyal crew then went on to enjoy many future successful voyages.
I hope you are right.

rncfc wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The problem I see is that the majority on here are quite happy to ignore Foxhall and Flynnys statements that this season we would be pushing on for promotion after a near miss last year.
Instead thinking that mediocrity or worse is okay as long as we do not get relegated.
I find that attitude totally depressing
You have to consider whether another manager would do better on a bottom ten budget. My guess is that you might, but it will probably take a lot of trial and error. This run isn't even that bad compared to some we have endured since we returned to the football league. We're also still doing well in the cups. No decision to even make for another six weeks or so.
The playing budget is probably bottom four.What I can't understand is the manager is the top paid by some way.If we are happy to just avoid relegation or be mid table then the managers wages should reflect that.If the manager is highly paid then results should go hand in hand with that.Flynny is on a kings ransom so then when he says we are mid table and we are little Newport County so should be happy with that then there is where the problem lies.Klopp is highly paid and he gets results to match that where as Burnley or Southampton managers are on much less because,the expectations are much lower.This is where our board have got it wrong,pay players and management bonuses for cup runs and success for sure but not inflated wages without delivering.

Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The problem I see is that the majority on here are quite happy to ignore Foxhall and Flynnys statements that this season we would be pushing on for promotion after a near miss last year.
Instead thinking that mediocrity or worse is okay as long as we do not get relegated.
You have to consider whether another manager would do better on a bottom ten budget. My guess is that you might, but it will probably take a lot of trial and error. This run isn't even that bad compared to some we have endured since we returned to the football league. We're also still doing well in the cups. No decision to even make for another six weeks or so.
The playing budget is probably bottom four.What I can't understand is the manager is the top paid by some way.If we are happy to just avoid relegation or be mid table then the managers wages should reflect that.If the manager is highly paid then results should go hand in hand with that.Flynny is on a kings ransom so then when he says we are mid table and we are little Newport County so should be happy with that then there is where the problem lies.Klopp is highly paid and he gets results to match that where as Burnley or Southampton managers are on much less because,the expectations are much lower.This is where our board have got it wrong,pay players and management bonuses for cup runs and success for sure but not inflated wages without delivering.
Percy,

I agree. What I would perhaps add is that Newport is a big town. 150,000 population and rising. Bigger than Burnley. This argument that by challenging for promotion from Division 4, as I still think of it, is over achieving is nonsense.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Percy,

I agree. What I would perhaps add is that Newport is a big town. 150,000 population and rising. Bigger than Burnley. This argument that by challenging for promotion from Division 4, as I still think of it, is over achieving is nonsense.
Yes spending more money to get in the players ( midfielders and strikers) needed to go for a promotion push makes alot sense when the club already overspends by £300k just to put a mid-table team out on the pitch.... But there again you did want us to start all over again in the bottom tier.

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Percy,

Yes spending more money to get in the players ( midfielders and strikers) needed to go for a promotion push makes alot sense when the club already overspends by £300k just to put a mid-table team out on the pitch.... But there again you did want us to start all over again in the bottom tier.
What about the million plus in the bank I keep hearing about on here.
Guess what we end up playing good football and back pushing for promotion.
Attendances increase and we stop overspending by £300k per annum

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Percy,

What I said was that it was worth considering starting again rather than paying vast sums of money to pay off Greenhaf and Scadding.

As I have pointed this out on numerous occasions I have to conclude that you are either deliberately misrepresenting me or you are stupid. Perhaps both.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Percy,

What about the million plus in the bank I keep hearing about on here.
Guess what we end up playing good football and back pushing for promotion.
Attendances increase and we stop overspending by £300k per annum
That is so simplistic and of course that straight-line to outcome thinking would work - spend more money, equals push for promotion, in turn the gates go up by 1500 and we then break-even - it's a no brainer, what's the worse that could happen?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Percy,

What I said was that it was worth considering starting again rather than paying vast sums of money to pay off Greenhaf and Scadding.

As I have pointed this out on numerous occasions I have to conclude that you are either deliberately misrepresenting me or you are stupid. Perhaps both.
Hey Big Mouth , stop the insults

[quote="Fourthousand"

That is so simplistic and of course that straight-line to outcome thinking would work - spend more money, equals push for promotion, in turn the gates go up by 1500 and we then break-even - it's a no brainer, what's the worse that could happen?[/quote]

I thought, and I suspect many like me that this was the plan for this season. It would appear we didn't spend enough, or we spent it on players who haven't been good enough.
What's the worse that could happen? I think we are experiencing that presently.

I don't think MF has lost the Dressing room. He's probably a straight talking character that the players listen to.

But a thought I've had since watching over RP yesterday is : MF is a great motivator of underdogs but not a manager of a squad built with skill and aplomb.

This is only a thought rather than an opinion at the moment , reading the board has made my mind move towards this , but my thoughts are :-
1) MF took over a squad who were doomed , yet somehow saved them
2) Cup games we should have lost but miraculously won against big teams (or even when knocked out , did ourselves proud)
3) Dropping out of cup with quite a few games in hand but seemingly impossible to get max points return after cup exploits

Maybe an impossible climb to play off places this season will happen ?

I'm not an apologist for MF , but these are just my current thoughts .............

I'll go and have a look at Millwall sites next and see if they expect to win !